The Official 2018 Baseball thread!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Jan 12, 2018.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

The docking comment was for you. Snuff it out.

furduknfish likes this.
  2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

It's roux in a jar. Same thing.
    For a fella that stirs as much shit as you, at least you have a right to the opinion.

stevescookin likes this.
  3. tirk

Was a Deadpool 2 reference.

furduknfish likes this.
  4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I'll be honest, I missed half the shit in that one. I watched it passively on the account of dragging ass. My head was buried in boobs through at least half. But the one-liners easily doubled the amount of the first. So I'm gonna have to see it again.

5. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Canzano: Oregon State's Luke Heimlich going undrafted is a strong statement
    http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2018/06/canzano_oregon_states_luke_hei.html?__vfz=medium=tray_notification

Major League Baseball clubs drafted 1,214 players over 40 rounds this week.... Oregon State pitcher Luke Heimlich was not selected by any of the clubs despite being one of the most talented college pitchers in America.... didn't get picked for the second straight draft. This despite being a left-handed pitcher who throws 97 mph and mows down lineups....

.... None of the 30 clubs wanted to claim Heimlich. They couldn't bring themselves to do it. Not with people watching. Not with the franchise brand at stake. None of them wanted to stand alongside an admitted sex offender, whose most notable public statements in the last 12 months were used to essentially call his victim a liar.

.... Weeks in front of the draft, Heimlich told the New York Times he didn't commit the crime. He said, "Nothing ever happened."... This flew in the face of the statement he made a few years ago accepting full responsibility for the crime. He wrote then, "I admit that I had sexual contact," with a little girl. ...

.... My law-enforcement and lawyer friends couldn't believe what they were reading. A fundamental part of rehabilitation is the acceptance of responsibility. Now, Heimlich, who had reportedly undergone court-ordered sex-offender counseling, was waving the whole thing off and re-victimizing the little girl. Public-relations-world friends cringed. It was a desperate play. Bad strategy.

More importantly, insensitive and indecent to the survivor. Heimlich clearly was trying to help himself in front of the draft. He desperately wanted to be picked. And he trampled a young girl trying to get there.....

LSUpride123 likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Let him wash cars or flip burgers for a living.

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

LSUpride123 likes this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

And you lose because you didn't try. You would make a terrible military leader

Tactical errors get you dead

9. tirk

You're ate up with the stupid. When your numbers don't work you really reach. Try not to divert. You'd make a shitty lawyer but that's irrelevant here.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Shane learned his math from @Tiger in NC

Winston1 likes this.