The Official 2018 Baseball thread!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Don't you get the SEC Network in la la land? The Tigers need you. Pick up your remote and get your butt on the couch.

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Busy being too busy. Relying on game threads to get through

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Today's game won't be televised but you can listen to in on the LSU Sports app.

4. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

It'll be on the watch ESPN app. Not really tiger related but there's a big rubber match for the series in baseball with Arkansas and USC. I got to pull for the conference on this one... sorry @uscvball

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I’m at the airport. Someone start a thread. No juju.

stevescookin likes this.
  6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

No worries. We suck so I'm surprised to see we split heading in to today. 5-1 USC, top of the 6th? Shit howdy.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I would like to see an LSU-USC series. They played some great games in a couple of regionals in the 90's.

LSU is hosting 3 other teams this weekend. Round robin where everybody plays everybody. I would like to see that with the bluebloods of college baseball in an early season. Call it the Bluebloods Classic and have LSU, USC, Texas and Miami.

ehusson80 likes this.
  8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I have a signed Brett Boone homerun ball from that series he went off. He was series mvp and hit 6 in all but we advanced on the rich Cordani homer. And our dynasty had begun.

Bengal B likes this.
  9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Smith, Storz experience “setbacks”; Broussard out 3-5 weeks
    Smith, suffering from a stress reaction in his back, is “doubtful” to return for LSU’s series against Texas A&M next weekend, an initial target date.

“He had a little bit of a setback last week,” Mainieri said. “Back was bothering him a little more than we thought it would. We expected that he would have started hitting by today, but he’s not going to be able to.”

Storz has not thrown since his 2018 debut last Wednesday because of soreness in his shoulder. He had a bone spur repaired in the shoulder in September. He’ll see a doctor to re-evaluate the shoulder later this week.

“He threw last Wednesday. Unfortunately for the three or four days , he’s had soreness in his shoulder,” Mainieri said. “We haven’t actually done any throwing since he pitched in the game on Wednesday.”

10. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Hope they heal soon.