The noose is tightening. Mueller impanels a Grand Jury.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Aug 3, 2017.

1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

That's what I thought, too.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

It would then go to trial. Good luck.

3. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

I'm not an attorney and I was wrong about the fact gathering.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  4. BAY0U BENGAL

I know. I'm giving you shit and teaching you things at the same time.

GiantDuckFan and Bayou Tiger like this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Pretty sure defense attorneys can be there to protect the rights of their clients but not the defendant. Idk, never served on one and damn sure never been the cause of one

6. BAY0U BENGAL

They are.

7. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Speaking of attorneys, whatever happened to our resident attorney poster dude. IIRC, his name had "willis" in it maybe? I think he was from Hammond.

8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

THIs is some analysis on the Grand Jury from today's WAPO:
    WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE GRAND JURY:

-- The Wall Street Journal’s Del Quentin Wilber and Byron Tau scooped that Mueller impaneled the grand jury several weeks ago and described it as “a sign that Mr. Mueller’s inquiry is ramping up and that it will likely continue for months”: “Before Mr. Mueller was tapped in May to be special counsel, federal prosecutors had been using at least one other grand jury, located in Alexandria, Va., to assist in their criminal investigation of Michael Flynn … That probe, which has been taken over by Mr. Mueller’s team, focuses on Mr. Flynn’s work in the private sector on behalf of foreign interests. ‘This is yet a further sign that there is a long-term, large-scale series of prosecutions being contemplated and being pursued by the special counsel,’ said University of Texas law professor Stephen Vladeck. ‘If there was already a grand jury in Alexandria looking at Flynn, there would be no need to reinvent the wheel for the same guy. This suggests that the investigation is bigger and wider than Flynn, perhaps substantially so.’”

-- Reuters added that the grand jury has already agreed to issue subpoenas in connection with the June 2016 meeting that included Trump's son, son-in-law and a Russian lawyer. Karen Freifeld and John Walcott did not specify who specifically got the subpoenas.

-- The Post swiftly confirmed the Journal’s reporting. Carol D. Leonnig, Sari Horwitz and Matt Zapotosky elaborate: “A White House adviser said the president and his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, had not received subpoenas, nor had the White House. Members of the president’s legal team met with Mueller three weeks ago to express their desire to work with his investigators. Ty Cobb, whom Trump appointed as White House special counsel, said of the grand jury: ‘This is news to me, but it’s welcome news to the extent it suggests that it may accelerate the resolution of Mr. Mueller’s work. The White House has every interest in bringing this to a prompt and fair conclusion. As we’ve said in the past, we’re committed to cooperating fully with Mr. Mueller.’

In federal cases, a grand jury is not necessarily an indication that an indictment is imminent or even likely. Instead, it is a powerful investigative tool that prosecutors use to compel witnesses to testify or force people or companies to turn over documents.”

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Im sure Shane ran them off. He was a sensitive attorney. Maybe we can email them and apologize.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble