The NFL

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by shane0911, May 25, 2018.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Normally you’re right MC. However in this case Nike made an in our face statement. That they paid him this whole time shows their intentions to undermine the protest.
    If this were just a commercial ploy I would have less issue. However this is a political statement and should be stood up to.

Bengal B likes this.
  2. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

[​IMG]

Bengal B likes this.
  3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Uncle Phil and the "boyz" at Nike may be a bit busy defending.....

"A second sweeping lawsuit has been filed against Nike Inc. in the wake of reports about a "boys' club" culture at the sportswear company.

This time, the lawsuit was filed on behalf of the company's shareholders, not former employees. It targets Nike's board of directors and co-founder Phil Knight, who stepped down from the board in 2016 but remains an emeritus director.

The lawsuit also names departed Nike Brand President Trevor Edwards as a defendant along with CEO Mark Parker.

Four law firms, including New York-based Pomerantz LLP, filed the lawsuit Friday in Multnomah County on behalf of three Nike investors.

The plaintiffs claim Nike's directors breached their fiduciary duty by "knowingly" ignoring a "hostile work environment that has now harmed, and threatens to further tarnish and impair (Nike's) financial position, as well as its reputation and goodwill."

"Stockholders are concerned that the board has allowed rampant sexual harassment and gender discrimination to go on within the company unfettered for as many as 20 years," said Pomerantz partner Gustavo Bruckner, who heads the firm's corporate governance litigation practice."

Those shareholders.....dollars before victims, lol.

Frogleg likes this.
  4. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Nike has no white men in their Just Do It campaign. That’s discrimination.

Bengal B likes this.
  5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Maybe they could put this woman.....
    [​IMG]

Frogleg and watson1880 like this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I have bought Skechers the last few pairs. The ones with the memory foan insoles are the most comfortably shoes Ive ever worn. I have no idea what their political philosophy is. I just assume that the company is run by rich white men because most corporations are.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Greenberg, Greenberg, Weinberg, and.....Vandemore? Which one of these doesn't fit? Lol.

Corporate office is in Manhattan Beach. They're all about "green"...money and sustainability. I drive by their North American distribution center occasionally. It's facking enormous.
    [​IMG]

It's also a factory outlet. I keep telling myself I'll exit the freeway and shop but I never do.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It's good to see they give an opportunity to a token gentile.

uscvball likes this.
  9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Lol, exactly.

Interesting to note, Nike wasn't the only sports apparel company that took a financial hit yesterday. They all did. Adidas, Under Armor, Puma, and even Skechers.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member