The new question and answer thread

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by shane0911, Aug 14, 2014.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I currently possess a cheapo tablet/laptop touchscreen and it only has 2 GB of RAM and I find that is an issue with performance, especially browsing the internet. Also the small 32 GB hard drive is hindering performance as well (It's never a good thing to be close to 100 % hard drive use). So be quite happy with the 4 GB and the huge hard drive in that price range. In fact, I'll be checking it out to see if I might pull the trigger on this item. That's a really good price point, if that is a touchscreen. I paid $135 for mine, and that was a great price point.

I just searched walmart, if you could please provide a link to the product in question. I don't see anything in that price range with those specs. Sounds way too good to be true.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't have a link. I went into a physical store. I don't even remember the model or what. I've heard of Stream but I don't know anything about them but I was looking for something new for under $200 and they don't sell new ones with Win7.

I need to figure out how to get rid of that sidebar pop-on that drives me nuts asking if I want to take a screen shot of every site

3. islstl

It's an HP product. Not sure if you think that the brand name is actually Stream. That's the product line for the HP laptop.

if that is indeed a touch screen, buy it and run out that store. cuz you just stole something.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I would have bought it today but tomorrow is tax free day

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Stream is like a better chromebook id guess. Not much ram or anything almost like a netbook with just enough hdd to get by. You can disable the sidebar thingy but I figured they only came with windows 8 which was a complete failure. Its still MS' attempt to be relevant in the mobile world I suppose. Anywho, uninstall all the crapware, remove all the IE shit plus extensions like Bing and all that bullshit. And maybe it will be a good value. HPs have good displays but arent durable.

6. islstl

report back the exact model number after you buy it

7. tirk

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

What I have now is not the Stream but the Nextbook. Bringing it back and exchanging it probably for the Stream unless they have something better on sale by then

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Big talk for someone that has a 10 mile radius. I'd go wrench for wrench with you any day. If the Internet wasn't so "here" I'd challenge you, like maybe a picture of a fuel pressure regulator on YOUR car.

10. tirk

I have an HP envy touch I use sometimes with the 23 inch screen but the touch is almost worthless. No need on a desktop. Its a pretty awesome all in one computer however.