Crime The Michael Brown shooting

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I would be willing to bet that the family had no thoughts that they even needed an attorney until they were approached by Crump. Every time some tragedy like this happens opportunistic ambulance chasers come out of the woodwork like so many cockroaches.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

when the police wont see you after they shoot your son, then just maybe you feel like you need an attorney. Everyone is not motivated by the like. You are smarter than this.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

And that attorney just happens to be well known by the media instead of some local lawyer the family had maybe dealt with in the past.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Yep, I can tell you that for YEARS I never even thought about it. My son was in an accident a couple years ago and something told me to call one. Best freaking decision I ever made. I get what @Bengal B is saying but I don't think its a cash grab at all. Like MM said, all the money in the world won't bring their son back to them. How far it all goes is another story all together but I agree that they need and should have counsel.

Tiger in NC and red55 like this.
  5. shane0911

As for the officer, I think the best thing at this point is for a U-Haul to be in their driveway very soon and he get transferred somewhere very far away. Then they can release his name. Sure, if he is wronged he needs to face the music but when the town is in lynch mob mode the best thing to do is remove the fuel. He will be outed at some point and then we just have more violence and crap to deal with.

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I've gotta think that he & his immediate family have high-tailed it the eff out of Dodge by now. Anonymous claims to have his name, which I fully expected as soon as it was known that the police wouldn't ID him.

7. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

It is pathetic that terrorists style rioting is the only way that folks can make their frustration known. I am no fan of the police, in fact, I am nearly a hater, but rioting, in fact, terrorizing families, businesses and neighborhoods is a much greater evil.

OBTW, from what I have seen and heard, I expect the officer lost his temper and f'd up. And I bet that will come out in the end, actually, in the near future.

While the shooting was awful, it was in the heat of the moment, but still inexcusable (based on info known to date). But the terrorists actions were been thought out and planned.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don't think anyone who is charged with any crime should have their name published until that person is convicted.

That being said this fucking pig should fry.

9. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

When did we allow the military to control the streets? Ferguson is not Baghdad. When we begin to treat our cities that way, what other citizen response do you expect?

[​IMG]

10. shane0911

That isn't the military but if they are needed to control a bunch of uppity knuckleheads that won't behave then I guess that is what they gotta do.

Regardless of the what comes out about the incident, nothing will make it less tragic. It sucks, but having civilized people turn into savages solves nothing. Just like money, it won't bring this kid back.

HalloweenRun and Bengal B like this.