the matt mcmahon championship era begins

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jmg, Mar 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

wilkinson returning is great news. doesnt score a bunch, was never asked to. i cant remember any player ever being so disciplined in the sense of playing within your own skillset. never took bad shots. never played out of control. he was the polar opposite of gaines, who is a lunatic.

wade is big on players emphasizing their strengths. thats why he was upset when pinson was hurt, it put gaines in aposition to have to do what he wasnt good at, run the offense. he was fantastic at being energetic defensively and intensely athletic, but awful at controlling the tempo when needed. he was all gas no brakes and that doesnt work for 30 minutes a game.

i think wade told wilkinson his role, and he played it. he listens. and thats why he started as a freshman. team player.

wilkinson is the opposite of gaines even though he is super athletic. he took easy shots, dunks and putbacks, and corner threes. never forced anything in his career. i think he has lots he hasnt shown yet. and he can leap and dunk hard like a motherfucker. like a stronger marlon taylor.

i notice the skill that most separates ordinary college players from NBA prospects is creating their own offense off the dribble. and mwani never did that. which isnt to say he cant. days is the perfect example of a player who is goot at many things, but didnt really put the ball on the floor and move with it well. he was trying to, and doing it a little as he was trying to impress scouts. but it was never his thing. he is a 3 and D player. a dirty work boardman/putback player. wilkinson is too, but with more athletic upside.

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

billy embody:

There it is. First domino of returning players to #LSU has dropped with Mwani Wilkinson taking his name out of the portal. Another one to come soon.

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

this gives us a chance to think yet again about the new roster, because mwani is in, and gaines is officially out to UAB. we wish him the best.

rumor has it some other may also return. pinson is gone (xavier maybe), murray is gone (Gtown). that leaves fudge o'neal reid miller justice williams ezewiro cobert. sure would be nice to get miller and fudge and/or o'neal. i think we will get back one of those fellas.

guards:

juice hill, murray transfer
    trae hannibal, murray transfer
    cam hayes NC st transfer

forwards:
    mwani
    kendal coleman NW st transfer

center
    freshman corneilious wwilliams

corneilous is very hard to spell

4. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

You're the DA who made the correlation between flipping burgers and being uneducated! Think before you type DA!

5. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

I think his actions on and off the court speak for themselves.

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

what i said was, that university, by virtue of being literally a form of education, does results in more education than burger flipping. if you disagree thats fine, but i want kids getting educations and going pro in their chosen field instead of flipping burgers. you guys are the ones stupidly proposing contracts and restrictions to players that force them into menial labor in spite of their potential.

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

yeah supporting his daughter by moving around the country for what he perceives as the best opportunity speaks well for him.

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

naz reid filling in with quality minutes for karl anthony towns for the twolves. naz reid is a hoss. big, fast, strong, skilled. bout to get Paid.

reid leads all players by a wide margin in plus/minus

shane0911 likes this.
  9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

Why re you always a jerk? Seriously! You can’t respond except to you aliter with anything resembling tolerance….

grow up or please find somewhere else to do what you do, please….

10. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Oh, so abandoning his team year after year is a good move? That will be a good teachable moment for his daughter to learn from. If you don't get your way, you pack up your toys and go find a place where they will kiss your rear end. This is a good lesson in teaching his daughter to never commit or show loyalty to anything, which I guess is exactly what Pinson is doing. So if Pinson is doing what's best for daughter, I guess he's bringing his girlfriend/one night stand/side piece with him so he can go to doctor visits, help change diapers and burp the baby once she is born and, of course, stay up all night when she gets her days and nights confused? Give me a break! Don't make Pinson out to be daddy of the year because you know the reality of the situation as well as I do!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.