the matt mcmahon championship era begins

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jmg, Mar 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

jon rothstein says "Brandon Murray tells me that he will visit Tennessee, Illinois, and Georgetown. Official decision expected for Monday"

2. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Totally agree. How anyone can support a coach that has embarrassed LSU on and off the court and will now put the program on life support is beyond me? The only thing I can figure is DA people like to support other DA people!

3. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

Only DA people would even try to compare WW to Bill Self. It's clear Self is light years ahead of WW in coaching, professionalism and winning NCs. That's like comparing Dave Aranda to Nick Saban...there's no comparison! Aranda has done a good job at Baylor but he doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Saban...same as comparing WW to Self!

Perple likes this.
  4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

So you acknowledge Wade did a good job at LSU. :)

Jmg and shane0911 like this.
  5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

bill self is 20 years older than wade, so yes, he is more accomplished. they are both stupidly pursued by the dingbats at the NCAA. only difference is kansas stood by self, and was rewarded. we coulda been rewarded as well, we had a legendary recruiting class incoming.

HoopHound and shane0911 like this.
  6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

The Atlanta Hawks today announced they have converted the contract of guard Skylar Mays from a two-way to a standard NBA contract.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

24/7 scouting of former 4 star hayes

Hayes is a true pass first point guard who has solid size at the position. Nothing that Hayes does is flashy, but he finds a way to be effective, and is old school in his approach. While he can put up gaudy numbers in a high school setting, Hayes is going to be a facilitator first and foremost in college, and use high basketball IQ and solid feel for the game to make others on his team better. His numbers will definitely not blow anybody away scoring wise, but he can make a shot if left open and has solid baseline-to-baseline speed. Hayes needs to continue to get more physical and focus on defense, but he can help right away running a team, and should be someone who is a reliable and steadying presence at the point guard position.

wade used to say his team needs 3 point gurds and 3 centers. well this one has 3 point guards already

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. CagedTiger

CagedTiger Freshman

No, my point was you should never compare a coach that has accomplished very little to nothing with one that has a long list of huge accomplishments, including this year's national championship. I'll make it real simple for you. You should never compare a coach with two NCs to a talentless, unemployed bum that was fired, currently unemployed and about to ban from coaching NCAA basketball. Does that help DA?

10. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Yes, I'm speaking out of turn at something posted on a message board. It's duly noted.

William Wade did as good a job at LSU Basketball as Bobby Collins did while coaching Football at SMU. Both were at the top of their respective games. No national championships, but that's hardly the point is it.

Most college coaches strive to get their their employers sanctioned. Multiple lost scholarships, post season bans & years of probation are the keys to success. It's was both William Wade & Bobby Collins process. All part of "Doing a good job".

Can't understand why either coach was unceremoniously Fired. It's completely baffling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.