Democrats The mask is slipping

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Jul 29, 2018.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Two years ago (maybe 2 1/2 to 3) I remember the Republican party being the one that was like a boat adrift in the ocean without a means to steer.

2. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

That’s a no shitter. I still believe Elizabeth Warren has terminal rabies!

3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

no easy answer but there has to be affordable housing, etc.

I’m probably more socially left leaning in that we should reward work by expanding tax credits, housing stipends, incentives to enter vocational training so they have the tools to succeed

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

What does a living wage even mean? Raising the minimum wage "literally" kills jobs.

Healthcare is not a right and why on earth would you ask our government to manage YOUR health?\

Same with education. Leave it private sector and 100% REMOVE the government from it and watch it get better.

Bayou Bengal11 and shane0911 like this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Private school is too expensive and out if reach for poor folks. I know the quality of education in the public school system is a bad joke but it's better than no education at all. Education is one of the few things I don't mind paying taxes for because it's in the best interests of society to have an educted population. If there wrre no public schools the people who run private schools couldn't provide learning for anybody and everybody. There's no profit in schools that don't charge a fee.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I said private sector.

Meaning, if you are poor, then let the government subsidize you via payment/voucher and YOU choose where your kid goes. Sooo much better than public ran schools IMO.

Same system would work for healthcare.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

You're giving private schools too much cred. The kids that go to those would also do very well in public schools as well. Especially in rural settings, the quality of instruction is there. Kids, whose parents make education important in the home, do well in public schools.

StaceyO, shane0911 and HalloweenRun like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There would still have to be some admissions standards. If the government is paying I want my kid to go to Duke Harvard Stanford Preparatory Academy but he's as dumb as a rock. He is never going to be a rocket scientist or a captain of industry but maybe he could learn some kind of a trade and be able to support himself.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The kids that go to those exclusive private schools would get their asses kicked every day at public school by Little Johnny Switchblade.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Thats not how it works.

If your kid is dumb, blame yourself.

shane0911 and LSUTiga like this.