Democrats The mask is slipping

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Jul 29, 2018.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

This is very true. My daughter's 9th/10th grade high school had a population of gang bangers...but they wanted nothing to do with the good kids.

At the senior high level here, the schools are run like junior colleges, and there really aren't cliques. As long as someone has a group, they are fine.

uscvball likes this.
  2. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Public education can be great. If the parents and the student care, and there are a couple of good teachers, it will work out. Parents that don’t care about education, doom it.

My oldest went to a high school with a poor reputation, all the usual reasons. But the art department was top notch, as was the Latin teacher and most of the physics staff. She applied to five colleges, both public - private and in/out of state. Got in all, went where she wanted. Turned out well.

I taught two years in coastal NC before joining the private sector, in Des Moines, IA. In NC we would NEVER have 20 parents on parents night. We had about 120 students. In Des Moines, I went for the first time as a parent. Every parking spot was full, as were both sides of the road. I’m sure we parked over a quarter mile away. The only difference was how much the parents cared.

mctiger and Winston1 like this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

What you are saying in a nice way is "as long as the school isnt in the ghetto"

4. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Unfortunately, not just there, wherever parents don’t care . . . Methville comes to mind.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Shit man, that’s everywhere. I was in Delaware last week (how many of you instantly thought of Wayne’s World when I mentioned Delaware) and I stopped at a Wawa, and the parking lot was littered with gram bags. This was in Wilmington which is a really bad city, but Delaware has a lot of farm land especially western Delaware on the Maryland border. It looks a lot like St Landry and I know they are cooking all in that area.