Democrats The mask is slipping

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Jul 29, 2018.

1. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Jesus said , where there"s two or three gathered in my name so am i. So I guess that means he is reading this board also

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Religion (faith/belief/creed) can be and is often on a different plane than the church (organization). Religion is God’s realm and is our expression of what we believe/think he is. The church is man’s organization to manage the faith and faithful. It is strictly an edifice of man with all of our faults. Just because there is corruption in the church that doesn’t mean the faith isn’t legitimate or worthy of belief.
    I understand it may be difficult to see at times but I believe the great works of faith and charity and education and moral leadership by the vast majority in any of the mainstream religions vastly outweigh the moral corruption of the few. That doesn’t mean the church should get a pass if it allows or masks it. It does mean that while demanding better we should take the faith’s teachings and beliefs as a better moral compass if that is what moves you.

KyleK, LSUTiga, el005639 and 3 others like this.
  3. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don’t get it either, supposed to be Rosanne?

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Sarah Jeong an Asian, who has tweeted and written racist things about whites. Of course being a liberal they say it’s just satire. Also since it’s about whites ,we’re so shitty you can say anything.....typical liberal hypocrisy.
    She has been named to the NYT editorial board and when conservatives protested they were labeled racist for doing so. I got wrapped up in it when I pointed out the hypocrisy and was branded a racist.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  7. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I mistakenly thought she had been canned as well. Hopefully sanity will prevail. Bitch!

8. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I'm sure I read, that the Times had decided not to make her an editorial board member after all, but I couldn't find any mention of it last night when I looked, maybe they flipped again?

9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I think one of the initial reports started off talking about this women, then inserted something about some other wacko had been hired and fired, then they reverted back to this person. Won’t impact me either way.

uscvball and GiantDuckFan like this.
  10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

The Times has completely defended their hiring choice. It shouldn't be surprising though if you understand their politics. What everyone knows, without question, is that if a white person had made those tweets about any other race, they wouldn't have been hired and certainly not defended.

A leftist take on why Jeong's tweets are okay.

"It is likely true, as many pointed out, that if any minority group’s name were substituted in the place of white people into Jeong’s statements, she would not have kept her job. Some edited Jeong’s tweets to hammer home that idea, replacing the words “white people” in her tweets with “black people” and “Jewish people” to make the point.

But Cabrera said the idea was “a complete false equivalence,” noting that whiteness isn’t a cultural identity the way being black, Japanese American or Jewish is. Cabrera listed off examples of government policies that targeted various racial groups, including the Chinese Exclusion Act and Operation Wetback, calling racism a “systemic reality” that necessarily favors white people.

“You hear that all the time: substitute white and put in minority group x,” he said. “The term racism is not the equivalence of prejudice or bigotry. It’s an analysis of social inequality along the color lines and an analysis of power dynamics and social oppression. None of which has ever been in the hands of people of color or communities of color: there’s never been the social structure to be able to oppress white people.”

So, white people have no cultural identity (sorry @shane0911 ) and no social structure to even be oppressed.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    Winston1 and HalloweenRun like this.