Democrats The mask is slipping

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Jul 29, 2018.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I think there were, but I also think there were a lot of loonies and thugs as well. People with no moral compass. I think a large part of this whole religion bit was to reel those folks in. There weren't any police or government so they had to figure out a way to police themselves. That is where God and the threat of eternal damnation comes into play.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You should see what the Hindus are doing currently.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yup

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Is it religion or is it the Word? For me, it's all about Luke 10:27. It's that little voice in your head that tells you immediately whether you are doing something wrong or right. And it doesn't require an organized religion to have it, follow it, know it, or understand it.

That's why I ask myself, does a man really need robes and a big hat to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ? No, he doesn't.

kcal and GiantDuckFan like this.
  5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

With me, my parents needed all the help they could get. :D

Bengal B likes this.
  6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

None taken. I used your words to state a point so certainly fair game to make a rebuttal in return. Make your case. ;)

If one of these non denominational churches has a pastor doing it, it's "isolated" moreso than with a larger institution- is what I read.

I'm not defending the Catholic church on this cause it IS something that happened and it is unthinkable. I was just saying, based on what I'd read, it gets reported more with the Catholic church because of the numbers of Catholic priests vs other denominations, by comparison.

7. dachsie

dachsie Veteran Member

Prove it. Prove that every church in this country is abusing kids

And I will add that I do not condone or agree with anyone abusing kids ever.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

The church is just the nasty scapegoat. Pedo's are arrested daily with no affiliation to anything.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Mama tried to raise me better but her pleading I denied

el005639 and shane0911 like this.
  10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Does it get reported more? I haven't seen anything yet to convince me. Priests got moved around....if Protestants get caught, they get defrocked more often than not. Why was Bernard Law given a full cardinal funeral in Vatican City?

On the topic of the Church, if you're looking for an interesting read, you might consider the book Operation Gladio.

I did start off to say it was my opinion....and I can no more prove it than you can prove it's not happening. What I know is that where there is money, a power structure, a bounty of potential victims, and a process by which to keep them silent....abuse occurs. Churches are the perfect foil.

I have no idea your denomination....for Catholics who continue to tithe when they know what the Church continues to do, abuse is being condoned and supported.