The many ways Biden was correct: trumpism IS fascism

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Sep 3, 2022.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Seems like as good a thread as any to discuss this, since Favre and the governor of Mississippi, his co-conspirator, are both MAGA.

Favre's biographer says DON'T BUY THE BOOK.

[​IMG]
    Jeff Pearlman
    @jeffpearlman

·
    Sep 13

On the day of extended Favre revelations, I wanna share something: I wrote a biography of the man that was largely glowing. Football heroics, overcoming obstacles, practical joker, etc. Yes, it included his grossness, addictions, treatment of women. But it was fairly positive [1]

And, looking at it now, if I'm being brutally honest—I'd advise people not to read it. He's a bad guy. He doesn't deserve the icon treatment. He doesn't deserve acclaim. Image rehabilitation. Warm stories of grid glory. His treatment of
    @jennifersterger was ... inexcusable. [2]
    And now—taking money that was designated to help poor people in HIS STATE, and funneling it to build (checks notes) A FUCKING VOLLEYBALL ARENA (!?!?!?) is so grotesque, so monstrous. I don't know how someone like that looks in the mirror. I just don't. [3]

So, sincerely, don't buy the book, don't take it out from the library. Leave it. There are sooooo many better people worthy of your reading hours. Of your time. I prefer crumbs like Brett Favre shuffle off into the abyss, shamed by greed and selfishness. #

2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

3. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

Forget about BLM in Memphis or the ones in Arizona or New Mexico? All dims

LSUpride123 likes this.
  4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

but i was told it was the most secure election in history 5 seconds after they declared biden the winner

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

by all means keep us updated on the alleged misdeeds exclusively of your political opponents

fanatic likes this.
  6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

"What are the characteristics of a fascist political movement? One of them is an authoritarian cult of personality... another is a refusal to accept election results that go against the fascist movement, and another is an embrace of political violence." - jamie raskin, saying the exact same talking points rex was told to repeat. the same list, using the same phrases. its this weeks liberal marching orders to repeat these phrases.

BAY0U BENGAL and fanatic like this.
  7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Question for you Martin. Do you disagree that those characteristics are those of a fascist? What do you think are the characteristics of fascism?

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Open a book. There were real fascist you can learn about.

What you are doing is a false equivalency. Fascist are human. Trump is a human. Therefor Trump = fascist.

Jmg likes this.
  9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

refusal to accept election results is typical in a democracy its not fascist at all. cult of personality isnt necessarily fascist either. the pope isnt a fascist but people often literally worship him. lee kwan kew of singapore was adored, not a fascist. obama was a cult of personality more than trump, he could do no wrong. but thats fine, its not fascist. jesus is an insane cult of personality where jesus is literally considered to be god. not fascist.

turn on CNN right now and see how the brits treat their dead old lady. like a fucking god. not fascist. they are literally having some sort of primitive ceremony now about her. its insanity. not fascist. right this moment people are liing up by the tens of thousands to walk by a corpse to bow to it. not fascist. cult of personality is not fascist.

violent repression certainly is a characteristic of fascism, but trump doesnt violently repress his opponents.

even the very liberal vox magazine can explain to you that trump isnt fascist. trump is pro freedom. thats the opposite of fascism. trump is a run of the mill republican, except less in favor of war.

"describing Trump as a fascist undermines the term"

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/21521958/what-is-fascism-signs-donald-trump

accusing trump of fascism is an unserious acusation made by unserious people with no grasp of politics or history. fascism is authoritarian. the accusation is meant to insult. its not serious. its meant to trick people like you.

fascism is about violent repression of opposing views. a fascist regime bans the opposing party from meeting, and beats them if they do. a fascist regime jails dissidents.

the worst thing trump ever did in my opinion was hint at controlling social media. we argued about it here. but it never happened. the left, by contrast, leaned on social media to block certain people and stories. hunter biden, lab leak, etc, repressed by media, with possible pressure from the govt. needs to be investigated.

so no, winston, trump is not fascist any more than jimmy carter or bob dole. he is a normal american politician with failry mainstream views. to compare trump to fascists is stupid, and frivolous and is purely a political power move to hurt trump's elect-ability.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
    LSUpride123 and kcal like this.
  10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

now that i was polite enough to answer your question, will you answer mine?

do you think to any extent the media has lost credibility with their constant, and i mean literally constant claims over the years that the walls are closing in on trump? or will you believe them every time they say it forever?

LSUpride123 likes this.