The libtrads, dems and the left after LSU

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Kikicaca, May 30, 2017.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Not so much a grand gesture as it was desparation. Lee had no illusions that the South could win the war. The Pennsylvania campaign was essentially a massive guerrilla campaign aimed at taking away the North's (read: civilians) will to fight. Until Lee moved north, the war was an abstract idea for anyone living north of Harrisburg. Even in the south, until the fighting began, no one had a real idea of the horrors of war. Fact:some residents of Manassas actually packed picnic lunches and watched the First Battle of Bull Run from nearby hills, like it was a freakin' football game or something. Lee thought by putting these horrors literally on the north's doorstep, it would create an anti-war sentiment that might stop the fighting before the south had been bled dry and had no choice but to surrender.

Now this, I'll grant, was an epic blunder. Longstreet argued strongly against it, but Lee had become married to his strategy and wouldn't let go.
    I've always felt - not to make an excuse for Lee - that Gettysburg was actually lost when Jackson was killed at Chancellorsville. He certainly would have moved had it been he and not Ewell who got the order to take Cemetary Hill on the first day, and that position became the stronghold around which the Federals built their whole defense.

2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

We will agree to disagree.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

2017-05-30-tmz-kathygriffin-faketrumphead.jpg

Bengal B likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It doesn't matter whether you agree or not. Winston's post was a 100% correct analysis of what happened. No matter how much you libs want to rewrite history to paint rainbows and unicorns historical facts is what they is. Your denials can't change what actually happened. Unless you've installed a flux capacitor in your used DeLorean the past is immutable.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

OK, not sure what you're trying to tell me, but that's just gross. Don't care for the bloody Trump head either.

GiantDuckFan and BAY0U BENGAL like this.
  6. Rex

Rex Founding Member

LOL. No... it's what an embarrassed apologist MUST subscribe to in order to maintain the myth of Lee. It really doesn't help the LOST CAUSE, does it, to admit that the leader was inept?

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  7. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Kathy Griffin is a shock comedian... the Ann Coulter of comedy.... and that shit was disgusting.

8. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I would respect it if she hadn't issued an apology. stand by your dumb shit.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Wasn't to you just picked a random post to reply in the libtard thread.

I guess she didn't realize she can get locked up for that. Well til now.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I have no interest in "maintaining a myth." Winston's assessment is the same as that of Dr. T. Harry Williams who was the worlds leading authority on the Civil War. I took his class when I was at LSU even though it was taught on Monday night's from 7 to 10 and conflicted with Monday Night Football.