The libtrads, dems and the left after LSU

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Kikicaca, May 30, 2017.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Confucius or Will Rogers may or may not have said this but they should have so I will say it for them; "a man who cares more about the correct spelling than the point presented is a man who chooses to not deal with his own folly" Just made this up not bad for a doofus not a dufus you misspelled it you idiot

Caught you professor!
    tumblr_inline_mnebhxoBhr1qz4rgp.gif

2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Dufus | Definition of Dufus by Merriam-Webster
    less common spelling of doofus. slang. : a stupid, incompetent, or foolish person.

You're extremist positions are irredeemable, pointless to discuss,.. but, for the sake of all, I endeavor to improve your spelling.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    tirk likes this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Well a least you spelled it right this time thanks to me you dufus or is it doofus you squirmed out this in a very clumsy way 99% of people spell it doofus, and yes I am an irredeemable conservative.

4. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I accept your apology

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Likewise!

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Fair point. Many on the extreme right dislike or don't respect our institutions as well. You make my point that the radicals will keep pushing to demolish our foundations and replace them with something very ugly.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Michael Rosenwald is a reporter, specializing in business, technology and culture, not a military historian. That's the Post's description, not mine. And the invasion of the North was dictated by the need to forage and hopefully capture supplies. The south was simply not equipped to sustain a war against a much-more industrialized north, yet Lee consistently won battles for 2 years, despite being out-manned and out-equipped.

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Again with the self hatred. Rexie you need professional help or you'll become another Rachel Dozelle

shane0911 likes this.
  9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Not only that, unlike the revolution there was no France to provide material and armed support. Nor was the north hamstrung by other wars/obligations as was Britain. The north could and did focus it entire might against a significantly weaker opponent. That meant a purely defensive war was a sure loser. The south' only hope was to win a significant victory and demoralize the north. It was a gamble but the only hope.
    Lee ran rings around all the other generals of the war, even Grant. Grant's saving grace was that he was tough and had the balls to see the war through and never let up on the much weaker opponent. However even Lee's final retreat was a masterpiece considering the disparity of forces. To maintain a force in being and slow Grant down as he did is a remarkable feat of generalship.

10. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Nonsense. It was boneheaded... I would say UNIMAGINABLY boneheaded except that with the pompous, prideful Lee it's fully understandable why it happened.... the grand gesture general wished to make some grand gesture.... and it guaranteed his defeat, even if he had pulled off some mighty victory at either Antietam or Gettysburg. It's unimaginable that Lincoln or the newly-pissed off North would have abandoned the fight with superior numbers and weaponry and traitors inside their territory.
    Nobody who ordered Pickett's Charge should ever be confused with a masterful general.