The libtrads, dems and the left after LSU

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Kikicaca, May 30, 2017.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

2. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Hey Moe, there's already a thread about this in the Tiger's Den

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    LSUTiga likes this.
  3. Rex

Rex Founding Member

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that some Trump supporter started that lame petition.... it's a classic Karl Rove-type ploy.

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Have bothered to read the news Rexie? Take em down New Orleans is pushing to expunge everything having to do with white people associated with the past and the LSU Tigers is on the list.
    No it's a classic communist ploy to undermine the society. As I said earlier if these radicals get in power you fucking liberal enablers will be the first sent to the gulag or just shot out of hand.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I am insane.jpg

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Well said

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yea. It's best we leave the political talk here IMO. Shit gets too real for some of the snow flakes we have.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  8. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Gross exaggeration. Just because NOLA decided, as a city, to remove statues of confederate generals doesn't mean that they are "expunging" everything that commemorates white people. Are those statues the only remaining symbols that pay homage to the white race?

No the erection of them after the civil war was a ploy to undermine the society.....you know, the one that the war was fought over. Communist ploy? Seriously? That's just plain stupid. There is nothing communistic about taking down statues that pay homage to the losers of a war, especially when that war was over whether the ground on which they stand would be free to people of all colors or not. Get over it! The South lost. Badly. And no, we don't owe it to the losers of that war, my own people included, to pretend like we give two fucks about their dead relatives who fought to dismantle our country. You want them remembered? Fine, let it be in the history books and let them be called what they were: traitors.

9. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

And no, I don't agree in the least about changing our mascot. That's ridiculous.

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Wrong...Take 'em Down NOLA is an independent movement that has been calling for the removal of anything, including about 50 street names around the city, that reminds anyone of slavery. I had no idea Calhoun St, for instance, was named after someone who owned slaves, but Take 'em Down NOLA is, and it has to be changed. The LSU Tiger nickname is on their list. The city or the state may not be on board (they want the Andrew Jackson statue and Jackson Square as well, but Landrieu said on Meet The Press this weekend that's not happening), but @Winston1 is correct that the movement exists, and is making its voice heard.