The left destroys everything they touch....

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I do because of who they were and the levers they held. Had the certification been stopped we would have been in uncharted territory. Trump would have declared a national emergency and attempted to use presidential power to keep control. Neither congress or the courts have access to the actionable power of the president.
    That was the closest we’ve ever come to losing our 230 year old republic.

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

but they held nothing. even pence was not allied with them. trump told them to go home

3. Rex

Rex Founding Member

From Hillary's concession speech:

"Last night, I congratulated Donald Trump and offered to work with him on behalf of our country. I hope that he will be a successful president for all Americans. "

When has trump conceded? When did he congratulate Joe Biden? When has he said that he wishes Joe Biden to be a successful president?

You KNOW you're being dishonest when you equate what Hillary has said and done after the election to trump's reaction.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Yes fortunately Pence held strong and congress did it’s job. We were lucky. That it didn’t end as Trump wanted is evidenced by his reaction…calling for Pence’s head.
    The crowd was recalled only after it was obvious it had failed….sort of like Lee recalled Pickett’s division at Gettysburg.
    You’re excusing what happened because it failed not because of what was intended.

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

not really that fortunate, nothing was gonna happen. you are talking about wouldas and shouldas. people coulda reacted to hillary and the media saying russia installed putin. if that was true, and russia installed putin, wouldnt a coup be justified?

fanatic likes this.
  8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Your comment makes no sense.

9. Rex

Rex Founding Member

You call THAT a concession? Where did he admit that he did not win the election? Where did he congratulate the winner?

Do I think trump was legitimately elected? Depends on what you mean by "legitimate". Do I think we had Russian interference? Yes, I do. But unless a Russian was standing inside the voting booth twisting a voter's arm then that vote must be counted. It's up to the American people to educate themselves, filter out the noise, and separate lies from truth. Did trump collude with Russia for electoral advantage? Without a doubt. Should that type of activity be criminalized? Without a doubt.

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

for a poltician to claim their election was stolen, its irresponsible i guess. depending on the evidence. but its very common. most of the time, nothing comes of it.

its happened 3 times in semi-recent memory. gore, hillary and trump.

if people freak out and believe it, so be it, its not a big deal, depending on how many freak out.

hillary and her allies in media told me for years that the russians instlaled trump and they he was a russian puppet. if that is true, it seems like an armed coup is justified, right? just because nobody did actually overthrow trump, that doesnt make it any less irresponsible to make that claim about trump being a russian agent.