The law of attraction....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Nov 29, 2018.

1. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Then there are the O&E Defenders..

Hey @Kikicaca, did most LSU Fans take pride in Joe Burrow finishing Dead Last in SEC passing TDs?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    TeamofSavages and lsu-i-like like this.
  2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I know, right? Extend him, but no extra money. Any word if his buyout was re-negotiated? Supposedly drops from $12m in 2017 to only $6m in 2019. How Alleva agreed to that absurd amount is beyond me; especially when you consider they were still paying Les's buyout at the time. Then I remember that we're talking about Alleva.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

An extension is warranted if for nothing else to send a message to recruits that he will be here. Any raise he gets isn't going to be an astronomical amount. The $12 million buyout is irrelevant because unless LSU had done a total collapse last season that amount would never have had to be paid. It's like the $12 million was monopoly money.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  4. fanatic

Because it was even an option is what makes it absurd. Was O really going to turn the job down if he didn't receive a $12m buyout? He would have agreed to 1/3 of that amount.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Like I said, it was only monopoly money. It was never going to have to be paid. Now after 2 seasons the buyout is down to a more manageable sum.

Winston1 likes this.
  6. cul2969

cul2969 Founding Member

He would have accepted if they offered him a bowl of gumbo... not that there's anything wrong with that.

Pjoe and Bengal B like this.
  7. fanatic

$6m is still too high, if you ask me. At least Les money is off the books.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

If you're going to hold O accountable for all failure (which comes with the job, so OK), its very unfair to not give him credit for success. Did you honestly think we would be 9-3 this year, or worse? I really don't have a problem with a contract extension, but I wouldn't have given him more money.

Not sold on E, but I highly doubt he's going anywhere. At the least, he'll get another year.

Chipeace, Brian, ParadiseiNC and 2 others like this.
  9. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

We were sold on an upgrade at head coach and offensive coordinator. I give them credit for making some good chicken salad with the talent we had. I never expected this kind of season and to be honest we easily could be at 11-1. Florida & aTm were fluke games and we still almost won. Bama just showed how much work we need to do if we ever want to see another SEC championship. This deserves credit and if the extension is the way to accomplish that, I’m o.k. with it. I also think that extension should tie those 3 (O, E, & water head Joe) together next year and if we don’t improve or totally flop all 3 should go.

lsu-i-like and ParadiseiNC like this.
  10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Wrong question. Question should be what would our record have been without him, hmmmmmmm?