The journey for Joe Burrow

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 20, 2019.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

LSUTiga likes this.
  2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Watching those just make me realize how painful next yr will be when we go through the growing pains with Brennan.

4. islstl

I'm not sure if it will be a lot in the growing pains department. He will have had two springs of practice in this offense, plus this entire season of watching Burrow execute it.

More like growing pains for us fans to never see the likes of a Joe Burrow set foot on an LSU campus.

el005639 and Bengal B like this.
  5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Yeah I almost included that we may not see another Burrow, ever, making it that much more polarized. From the little I’ve seen so far though, Brennan ain’t ready.

Or maybe better stated' not so much that he isnt looking not ready but haventssen things that make me feel he is.

6. islstl

Well I hope reports that the kid doesn't put in the time or effort necessary to be great isn't true.

I hope he knows that other QBs behind him are gonna take that job away from him if he isn't careful.

LSUTiga and ParadiseiNC like this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

We got very lucky, QBs like Joe Burrow are very rare. Barring injury or getting stuck with a poorly ,managed team like Cincinnati for a long time I fully expect him to be in the NFL Hall of Fame one day.
    Nobody is going to step in and do the things he does. Looking back at some Heisman winning QBs I would take Burrow right now over Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray, Lamar Jackson, Marcus Mariota, Johnny Manziel. Jameis Winston, RGIII, Cam Newton, and Sam Bradford. In fact in looking at all of the Heisman winning QBs only Roger Staubach is in the Hall and won Superbowls.

No matter how good Brennan turns out to be it won't be the same. Enjoy this special season. It is unique.

* Note - Paul Hornung was a Heisman winning QB but he is in the Hall for what he did as an RB.

ParadiseiNC, el005639 and gynojunkie like this.
  8. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Is it a slam dunk that Brennan will be the starter next year? Is there anyone on the roster or incoming frosh that could leapfrog him?

To me he always looks jittery and unsure of where to throw it. And he lacks the ability to move the chains running.

LSUTiga likes this.
  9. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Plunkett did too. Agree with everything you are saying.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Freshman Peter Parish haz been with the team all season and we have AJ Finley from Ponchatula and Max Johnson coming in. Johnson is the son of Superbowl winning QB Brad Johnson