The "I've seen Star Wars Thread"

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUpride123, Dec 19, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Luke was married to a woman named Mara Jade in the EU. I've read some articles speculating that she could very well be used.

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Yep and she turned to dark side. I'm not sure at what point in the relationship that happened or if she was already dark side when they met. Either way, it seems like everyone ole Luke loves is/was/or will be dark at some point.

3. LaSalleAve

She was dark when they met. I think Luke was the reason she flipped.

4. LaSalleAve

Why is Luke being a bitch? In Empire he knew Han and Leia were in trouble so he went to Cloud City. How could he not see Han's future and jump into action. Leia felt it when it happened. Luke obviously knows what happened to Han, at the hands of his own pupil. Luke got some splainin to do.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

We don't know how long it would take him to get from wherever he's at to the Starkiller base and Ren would have been gone by the time he got there. What I want to know is, how come the Starkller weapon can only be fired at night; especially since it draws it's energy from the sun. And why do the bad guys always seem to build a base with one critical flaw in it?

I'd also like to know more about Ren's lightsaber. It had a nasty, sparking blade on it unlike any other sith lord sabers we've seen. And speaking of sabers, how to Maz get 'Lukes'? First off, the one with the blue blade was Anakin's. When Obi Wan first gave it to Luke in ANH, he said it belonged to Luke's father. 2nd, did he lose it, along with his hand, in ESB? In RoJ, he had a green Jedi Consular saber.

6. LaSalleAve

Yes he lost it, it fell from Cloud City. Could have been found, I mean Luke fell down the same way and it turned into some sort of shaft.

Starkiller base was odd, I guess it drains the sun until the sun is out of range? Wouldn't that kill everyone around it? Solar flares are dangerous and they are basically sucking the energy from it.

7. LaSalleAve

Who do you guys think Snoke really is? There isn't much info to go on other than he is very learned in the ways of the force. He doesn't have to be Sith.

8. LaSalleAve

in the vision scene where Alec Guiness (Obi Wan) says "Rey". They edited him saying "afraid" from a prior movie. But... I didn't hear this part.

He said "Rey, these are your first steps"

So maybe Rey doesn't have prior force training like I had originally thought.

9. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

One of the leading theories is that he is Darth Plagueis who was most likely Palpatine's/Darth Sidious's master. Even though Palpatine thought he had killed him, Plagueis's unique understanding of the Force made him the master of life and death. Therefore, Plagueis found a way to survive and now is back under a new name: Snoke.

He could also just be a completely new character. There's no real evidence pointing either way yet.

10. LaSalleAve

I've read the Plagueis theories, I find it hard to believe he would just vanish for 60 years though.