The "I've seen Star Wars Thread"

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUpride123, Dec 19, 2015.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Good grief.

I don't think I can be objective. If this was the first star wars movie, I would have loved it.

But..This movie felt rushed and too much thrown at me.

Ren is a pussy. A big one. It would be fine if they gave the emo freak some depth and back story. Like, why does he worship Vader? Why is he twisted by the dark? Did Luke touch him? There were enough of the side looks at Ren and is gooberness to understand what I think JJ was trying to do with him, I just think they screwed it up by not having depth. It's ok that he is weak now, but they damn well better build this kid up some.

I mainly wish they spent more time on developing the characters. I know there will be more movies, but damnit.

Side note, ready for the female heroine to calm down a bit in Hollywood.

Good movie tho, just not what I wanted out of it.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

After all the buildup and hype how could anybody not be disappointed

HalloweenRun likes this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Anakin was a pussy, Luke was a pussy. It runs in the family. If you would have gotten more depth you'd be complaining about how the movie was too slow. I think you're gonna get everything you need from the upcoming movies on the backstory. Remember Rey's vision? You see Ren and the Knights of Ren turn on Luke in that scene. You also hear Alec Guiness say "Rey" which I thought was a really cool touch. Ren is still young, and just as conflicted with the light and dark as Anakin was.

As far as Rey is concerned. I'm thinking she had some early life force training, and then was mind locked. I would bet Luke is her father. But he abandoned her to Jakku and mind locked her for her own safety. He didn't want Snoke to get his hands on her. As far as her powers the light is always more powerful than the dark when you can control your emotions. Ren obviously has a hard time doing that, Rey, it comes natural.

Before this part of the saga concludes, Kylo Ren will be Ben Solo again and will turn back to the light before he dies. All things point towards that.

I thought it was great. I loved every second of it.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
    fanatic likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

another thing I think is important to see is this movie was basically exactly like the first Star Wars, except we got a better light saber battle at the end. I think @LSUpride123 what you need to remember is there is plenty of time for the development of characters, Vader was in his what, 40's by the time Star Wars started, much older than Ren is, by that time Vader was able to eliminate all conflict, and it wasn't until news of a son that the light began to grow on Vader again, so I think the Kylo Ren thing about him being a conflicted emotional character is pretty spot on.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yea I'm not saying I did t like it. I thoroughly I joyed it. Just wanted more. But I understand the direction. I'm one of those losers who would sit and watch a 4 hour movie if they made it.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

It was better. I think they have a chance to turn Ren into an uncontrollable beast because of his temper tantrums and all. Would love to see that.

I don't know how the buildup will go. It already seems Rey is stronger then Ren where as Vader was formidable from the start of the series with Luke facing his challenges.

7. LaSalleAve

Oh so am I dude. I guess my only real beef is I've been waiting 30 years to see what happened to Luke and all I get is a stare. What a cliffhanger. Lots of questions, but that was intentional, 523 days until Episode VIII

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

For what I have seen Rian Johnson is directing 8. I would expect it takes a dark turn.

9. LaSalleAve

Don't you think she has prior force training? You think she is Luke's daughter?

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

They are related in some way. I am just confused as to why she would be Lukes Daughter. Although, I had thought her and Ren would be brother and sister. That seems gone. There was the scene with Luke leaving the temple and the Knights of Ren seemingly destroying it. Is Luke that weak? Doubt it. I figure he couldn't bring himself to kill Ren knowing he is part of the family.

The movie to me expressed she had no clue what she had powers. SO it would seem that she must be very strong OR Ren is simply clouded.

Some have speculated Luke is gone to the dark. Dont know why he would now. More questions than answers.