The Good Wife's Guide

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bayou Bengal11, Jan 25, 2008.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

:huh:

Oh, now I get it. :lol:

[​IMG]

2. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

Damn skippy...keep em barefoot and pregnant:thumb:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!:hihi:

3. TigerFanNTenn

TigerFanNTenn Founding Member

The 2008 Version of the Good Wife's Guide found on MSN

http://men.msn.com/guides/10best/article.aspx?cp-documentid=6071665&GT1=10821

4. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

now, if only we could combine the 1955 version and the 2008 version :grin:

5. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

Yea...don't count on it. :hihi:

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Frankly, the 2008 version wasn't really all that much more progressive.

For the record, I also would NOT have "obey" in my marriage vows.

And I do think the way that women have changed has affected the divorce rate. I won't put up with half of the caveman stuff my mom does for my dad. I married a man when he was 31 years old and had lived on his own since he was 18. Please...

The first time that my husband told me he didn't like the way I did laundry (yes, he said that) and then proceeded to refold the clothes I'd put in his dresser drawers was the last time I did his laundry. It can now pile up to the ceiling in our closet (on his side, of course), but I'm not doing it. I do my laundry, along with that of our two daughters.

Now, I like to cook, so he's luckier than many other guys in our age group whose wives never learned to do that! I can make him a good meal--but I don't cook on Friday nights--ever.

But seriously, back to 2008: I work full time and so does my husband. He is terrific because he isn't a caveman and helps out with our two daughters tremendously. But I can't cater to "his" needs because I have my own set of needs, too. Besides, this week is the third week in a ROW when he'll be in New York for the entire work week. That's when my life becomes that of a working, single mom--that's just not any fun, I can tell you that.

7. TigerFanNTenn

TigerFanNTenn Founding Member

Maybe I should have said that when I wrote it... I just thought it was funny how it basically said the same things while trying to be more pc for today's woman.

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Interestingly enough, there was a link there for the flipside article for husbands. Why did they have a woman write the wife's guide and a man write the husband's guide? Wouldn't it have been more apropos or at least more amusing to have it the other way around?

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I'm glad they added this one. Very important that the lawn is mowed and the hedges are trimmed regularly. :thumb:

2 people like this.
  10. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Sounds kinda childish dont ya think??? What is wrong with a guy telling you what he likes??? Im sure there is something he does for you the way you told him you like it, no??

Just saying...there are things that i do that i do my way....when i do it for my wife, i do it the way she told me she likes it. Make sense???

btw...I do realize what i just started with this post.... Im sorta :insane: