The Good,The Bad and the Ugly

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by 65Grad, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

During the game CBS showed thermometers on both the LSU bench and the Auburn bench. Was 90 on the West side and 100 on the East.

2. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

This has been the longest summer I can remember. Brutal.

3. jdkees

jdkees Veteran Member

Ha ha ha.

4. jdkees

jdkees Veteran Member

Exactly. Thanks for understanding. Hah ha.

gynojunkie likes this.
  5. jdkees

jdkees Veteran Member

Well said.

6. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Yes, I am grateful that, though the crowd was smaller, they made serious noise and were behind the D when they were needed. The 'Burners got seriously rattled several times. One of their players stated after the game, "that place is HOSTILE."

ParadiseiNC and jdkees like this.
  7. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

What an outstanding game. I was sure they would lose this game. Even told my wife "be prepared, they're probably going to lose!"
    Shame on me for saying something like that. Maybe I should say it to her again when we play bama LOL
    I wonder if we'll get enough votes to get back in the top 25

gynojunkie, lsu-i-like and jdkees like this.
  8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

GOOD
    > Excellent play all around. OL game Etling time against a strong D. WRs balled out. Front 7 stopped the run. The team played with heart. The fans who stayed were loud. The refs didn’t totally job us. There were some clutch FGs. Kickoffs went through the end zone. None of these things were happening up to this point. Hoping this was the turning point - as someone else said that ass-whipping at the hands of Troy might have been the best thing for Eaux and co.
    > Speaking of refs, I was glad to get some home-cooking at the end when the clock didn’t stop in an AU first down. We’ve been on the receiving end all season and I dare say we’re still due from all the BS that’s favored AU in this series.
    > White, Chark, and Gage went beast mode. Donte Jackson and the DBs suffocated AU and the refs let ‘em play. Nasty in the best way.
    > Almost bowl eligible, bebe.
    > Clock management and situational play at the end was on point. Can’t remember the last time I’ve said that.
    > Canada beat Steele. Small pleasures. Canada called a pretty good game; maybe even great. He didn’t abuse the jet sweep, which I was glad to see.
    > Aranda got after AU - add 3 sacks to our season total. The mastermind looks like his squad is rounding into mid season form.
    > Did Eaux do a sign-of-the-cross at the end? Looks like his hopes and prayers were answered.

BAD
    > I’m hoping AU was shut down by LSU, but some of their play calling looked very suspect.
    > Etling played with grit and heart and he is a great tiger; hell he’s a decent dual threat based solely on heart (he damn sure ain’t a ballerina). Very limited skill-set though. He pretty close to maximized it and plays smart, which really goes under GOOD, because that’s something we haven’t seen very often.
    > Depth is still an issue. Very tough play on both lines to fight through pain and inexperience.
    > Attendence wasn’t great. Not sure what the song they play before kickoff is, but it borders on comical/annoying.
    > Rushing attack is dominated by WRs; it keeps the opponent off-balance, which is great, but our RBs are almost a non-factor. It seems they are doing just enough, and Guice looks like he is starting to turn it on, but if this is Guice’s money year, without more noise his future paycheck won’t come close to Fournette’s.

UGLY
    > Key is still struggling. One of our two preseason superstars who completely fell off the radar. He looked a little better; here’s hoping his head and heart are in the right place and he finishes strong.
    > Someone else mentioned it, but that first quarter or so was brutal. Another historic moment for Eaux - biggest comeback by LSU at home. That’s better than some of his other historic moments, and I’ll take it.
    > The concern I’m having that Ole Miss could be a trap game. Very emotional victory - time to see if Eaux can win when he should. In the dark ages, success was often followed by failure by lesser coaches who couldn’t steady the roller coaster. I think even Saban and Miles had struggles with this. This would be another step toward earning that $12M.

9. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I think Canada deserves a lot of credit here.Considering we have a young OL that doesn't have the dominance we've seen in the past. The WR's have not had a good year. While being all heart and a pure gamer, Etling just lacks the arm and quick reads to make the plays. Yet, somehow, they pulled it off when needed.

When LSU drove for the go ahead score, I won't lie, I was wanting to go for it on fourth down. I had zero trust in our kicking game. Hopefully, LSU now has a kicker. Which for so many years has always been a strength of the team.

didit and lsu-i-like like this.
  10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Me too; the FG was the right call, but I had no faith.

didit, furduknfish and ThePhenom74 like this.