The God, Bad, and Ugly

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Just an example of some disgruntled LSU fan at DandyDon not knowing much about football in general and especially our team. Maybe this guy needs to spend just a few minutes keeping up with whats going on before he makes these kind of uninformed statements.

From David: Many of the players on the offensive line have experience. They had all of fall training and now two games. What is the matter? Is it a matter of talent, ability or motivation (coaching)?

My Response: It’s hard to say, David. At this point, I don’t think we’ve seen enough to judge new O-line coach James Cregg. What I do know is that it always takes time for an O-line to gel, and that gelling process is much harder when you have unexpected injuries and suspensions. Remember, LSU played Saturday’s game without three O-linemen who were projected to start not too long ago – Ed Ingram, Adrian Magee, and Saahdiq Charles. And really, Garrett Brumfield is the only one of Saturday’s five starters with significant experience. That said, the time for gelling is running short and if this unit doesn’t improve quickly it could be a long season.

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I wonder if Auburn is more/less capable of rushing the passer than Southeastern? If I had to guess, I’d say more.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Understatement of the moment. Too bad we are so banged up on the OL. E will have to design something to counter their rush. Guess what Auburn will have to design something against our rush too.

4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

More TE and RB dump-offs would be nice for starters. Foster had a nice rec, then I think he dropped one (maybe red zone) and they stopped throwing to him.

didit and lsu-i-like like this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

With you on that but it all comes down to execution. We need everything we got to beat these guys. Passing, running, wildcat (if we can), special teams,turnovers and defense.

I am thinking we will upset these guys.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  6. TheRealist

TheRealist GEAUX TIGERS

Well, since this is the good, bad, and ugly thread, I thought I would add in the good part of the stats.

Nevermind the fact that in both games the offense decided to stay in the locker room after halftime.

TigerTap, Bengal B and GregLSU like this.
  7. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

The best approach to this game is not to overreact one way or the other. Although I’ll admit it was difficult not to do Saturday night if your expectations were similar to mine.

I really wanted to see us polish up the passing game/offense a bit. My Initial reaction was emotional, and in hindsight the best bet is/was to just stay even keel.

Wait and see what we put on the field Saturday against the barn. Anytime you lose it sucks. In no way will I celebrate a loss (yes talking to you Aggie fans) but if we do lose, I hope we’re competitive and go down in a dog fight.

This LSU team looks to have a blue collar mentality, so bring on the dog fight!

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Kicker just won 1 game breh.

LSUPride123 1 @tirk 0

Love your bro!