The God, Bad, and Ugly

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Sep 9, 2018.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Don't forget to take your Xanax guys.

For the Good:
    1. Defense, while missing starters, is F'ing loaded and DEEP. True, a few "depth" issues but the back ups have been playing relatively well for what it is. Dline rotated a lot last night.
    2. Kick Tracey. This dude alone will be responsible for at least 2 wins. Get us to the 40 yd make and we are in business.
    3. Run game: It is progressing slightly. Slower than I would like, but down 3 starters on the Oline I guess its suspected. Charles is a Monster. Deculus looked pretty good as well.
    For the bad:
    1. The Pass protection. You know, it wasn't as bad as it seemed, but its not good.
    2. Joe holding onto the ball way to long. Made the above seem worse
    3. Heavy protection sets. Throw them away. Sending 2 WR's is not creative if our WR's refuse to create space.
    The Ugly:
    1. Shutting it down to start the second half. I dont understand why we do it
    2. Drive ending penalties. I have yet to see us recover from a holding call taking a 1st down back.
    3. The NCAA needs to review targeting. What Phillips did was roughing the passer. In no way can you look at that and thing he is launching to hurt the QB. This mess of, "well his head touched his helmet" is shit and needs to stop.
    4. Overall offensive stats. They look sad and make us sad.

2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I like it!

GiantDuckFan and lsu-i-like like this.
  3. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Agree on Tracey...what an insurance policy...

I have some concerns with our pass defence. 2 weeks straight we got ate up by the pass. Maybe I am being more critical due to high expectations from the start.

I think our offense will get better as joe has more time with the team. Problem is we don't have a whole lot of time left.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

They do seem to be taking some shots. The problem with that is they are out of position when they do it.

5. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Brossette is our bell cow. Joe is coming along. But who is his go to WR? That appears to be an issue. He looks most comfortable throwing to Jefferson.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  6. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Every time that dude catches a ball I am like hell yea...and them remember who his brother is..and I immediately get pissed.

7. didit

didit Veteran Member

What I like is he made that 50yd FG look routine...

lsu-i-like, Bengal B and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

No one cared about this game. Down week after Miami with auburn on deck. Makes sense.

Only thing you can really take from this is oline depth is an issue and Joe needs to be more aware.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Bad

I missed the first minute and a half of the game because ESPN didn't cut away from the Bama-Ark State game until the clock ran out. That game was over in the first quarter.

10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Same story, new season.