The future

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Dec 1, 2020.

1. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Haven't we learned this by now from Trump. He has two angles. Flattery and strong arm. He uses both. First, his diplomatic approach is to win their heart. If that doesn't work, he will be hard. There is nothing wrong with that. It is negotiation. Even with the bad guys. Try to find a common ground and work from there. Foreign policy was the least of my issues with him.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    Jmg and USAFRet66.86 like this.
  2. USAFRet66.86

USAFRet66.86 COTiger is cool

Damn, it sure is quiet in here with no political discussions. I like the quietness. IconLOL.gif

3. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

yeah it comes and goes. We had an old guy here. COTiger. He was retired AF just like your moniker. I think he got sick and died.

AF means "as fuck" for you old dudes.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

what do propose we do with those that dont respect our borders? allow them in?

when i travel i would never be so presumptuous as to just run across the border. i cant imagine that sort of entitlement. you dont own the world you cant just walk the earth like its yours.

5. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

you are correct

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

There’s a vast difference between having secure borders and putting people in cages. To be sure this was started by Obama and was just as barbaric under him. I believe in border security and managed immigration but we need immigrants of all types. A well designed and managed immigration system is critical to our future prosperity.
    Martin here’s where I disagree with Trump. He has worked to suppress all immigration. We don’t produce enough engineers, scientists or technical people to support our industry and growth. Likewise we need to prevent undesirables and criminals from getting in and to promptly expel them if needed. Trump’s policy is not balanced and has hurt industry and research.

7. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

No, I do not think we should allow people in that are not legal immigrants.

I feel like we should either turn them away, or keep them humanely until they can be sorted out. What we should not do is kind of letting them in, splitting families and all that. And I know some of the families that showed up at the border were not really families.

Legal immigration great, illegal bad. Perhaps the best answer is to try to address issues that make people want to trek to the border in the first place.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Asians are good about that sort of thing and they tend to be law abiding

Jmg, Winston1 and USAFRet66.86 like this.
  9. USAFRet66.86

USAFRet66.86 COTiger is cool

What's your position on allowing immigrants from the China mainland? I'm a little leery given COVID and the fact that our relations with China are tenuous at best.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

In the event no one was paying attention, Mike Lee, a Republican out of Utah passed a disastrous bill the other day with no opposition at all. It effectively ends the per capita visas allowed for immigrants to get jobs here. Just goes to show you there are turds all over DC and they are on both sides of the isle.

Thanks Mike

HalloweenRun likes this.