The future

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i am not a critic of the trump policy, you are. you are the one claiming to be qualified to be a critic of the policy. i am asking you, not makiing claims.

i see so without us there, the chinese and russians will go to war with south korea because they dont think american trooops will defend them? we have to physically be there? we cant just show up two days after the war starts and flatten north korea and everyone who supports them?

shane, i believe he is ex military with some knowledge of this. i think he disagrees with you as well.

(i have also been to korea and and fairly well read about it and i have a degree in international politics)

shane0911 likes this.
  2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

so trump should be his friend then, to calm him?

3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

@Jmg you think you’re cute with you trite answers but they certainly give lie to your boast of a degree in international anything. If you really had the background you claim you’d have more interesting comments. Go away little man and come back when you grow up.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

none of this is a counterargument. its a deflection. you are a vocal critic of trumps policy on an issue you are not qualified to be a critic. i am not claiming i know how to station troops or how to speak to kim. you are. you are the one saying trump and his people did it wrong. i am simply asking how you know that. you respond by attacking me personally.

as far as me lying about my degree, i can email you my transcript. LSU class of 2018, international politics and law. but its not about me or you, its about the poor arguments you are making.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

If he thinks that it’s self suicide. Doesn’t matter how many troops we have there.

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

My comments had nothing to do with Trump’s actions in NK but the background of the situation. I entered to clarify what you HWR and others said about the situation. Your comments likewise didn’t seem to be about Trump.
    If you bother to read you’ll see the threat isn’t that NK would win but the consequences of them trying. Not only the destruction caused by battle in Seoul which is essentially on the border (20 miles or so) but the flood of refugees into China and SK possibly Russia and Japan could destabilize China and cause chaos elsewhere. There’s more to defense than being able to win a battle. It’s better to be strong enough to make your adversary not attack.
    Your last comment stating if we pulled our troops from Korea the Russian and Chinese armies would attack was puerile and showed you don’t have a clue about anything prior to 2016. It does leave open the question about your education.
    If you want to debate the value and effectiveness of Trump’s actions in Korea that’s really a separate topic....and a moot question as he’s out of office in a few weeks.

7. USAFRet66.86

USAFRet66.86 COTiger is cool

Do you have an advanced degree in mind reading?

Jmg likes this.
  8. USAFRet66.86

USAFRet66.86 COTiger is cool

I guess the question was too difficult to answer. I'm not surprised.

Bengal B likes this.
  9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

of course thats what we are discussing. the whole point was that another poster was a critic of how trump has managed troops in south korea, as well as trumps dealing with kim. my point all along, and i said so explicitly, was that these topics are so complex its difficult to be a critic when you dont know the specifics. and i mean the real specifics, like how many troops are needed, or what is the psychology of kim. should he be given threats? should he be tempted with rewards? should he be sweet-talked? how will he react? is he sort of crazy or super crazy or is he a normal guy who is trapped into a situation he didnt create?

my real point here is that too many folks are defining their opinions by either agreeing that trump is awesome (like you clowns on the section 230 stuff) or opposing everything trump does and says purely because trump said it or did it.

kim jong un is a person. people are complicated. i barely know how to optimally manipulate my closest friends and family . people react unpredictably. but somehow trumps critics are all experts on international diplomacy with 4 doctorates on the korean peninsula.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    USAFRet66.86 likes this.
  10. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Side note but somewhat on topic, Trump threatens to veto the defense spending bill unless it is written in it to repeal section 230. Because section 230 is a threat to national security. ??

The defense spending bill has a article in it to change the names of all bases with Confederate names. Trump tried to use that as leverage, i'll give you renaming military bases for section 230 repeal. They said no. Section 230 has noting to do with national security but changing military base names does.

And that is where they are.