The future

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i told you you were unqualified to comment

shane0911 likes this.
  2. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

14 months and counting for one soldier stationed along the DMZ. They train often with the SK army. They have a very good relationship with the boots on the ground. There is an a overlying sentiment among the S. Korean people that they would rather not have the US there. The S Koreans feel like they are ready to take over for themselves.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

That’s the point. If you eliminate/reduce the joint exercises for 3 years, and a tour is 14 months . . . The rest is math.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

mancha says the S koreans can manage it themselves. is that true? given that N korea is a poor sack of shit and south korea is rich and wonderful, and their people are stronger, richer, taller, better equipped etc, isnt it true that so korea could ruin the north anytime they wanted?

again, the issue is the nukes, not how many times joe american is training with jinsook park north of seoul

the criticism of trump on the korea issue is nonsense. just you repeating what the lefty media told you

shane0911 likes this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I agree. It’s not like we need to worry about them anymore than that. Kind of like Russia. Their only threat is nukes.

China, on the other hand has a economy that could hurt us in different ways. North Korea doesn’t have anything other than Nukes. For them, giving them up is self destruction.

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Major ignorance shown Martin. NK has more artillery tubes aimed south than were in all of WW 2. Seoul is in range of NK artillery. While the NK would disintegrate if they launched a war it would fuck SK, China Russia and probably Japan. NK Refugees in those countries would cause chaos.
    That is the threat and multiplied by nukes and a crazy leadership that might do anything. Our troops are a tripwire intended to prevent war not to win it. NK isn’t worth much except the trouble it can cause.
    Trump’s blundering around made everything less stable as no one knew which way he would step.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

so your contention here is that the south would not defeat the north easily in a conventional war? even with american equipment and superior forces/soldiers/tech/cash?

their beefed up missile defenses only work with american help?

https://www.defensenews.com/global/...o-kick-its-missile-defense-shield-up-a-notch/

they are hugely invested into american tech missile defense. they need americans to run it or they are incompetent chinks? how are you suddenly an expert on south korean military capabilities?

shane0911 likes this.
  8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Winston’s scenario doesn’t make sense. If NK attacks they are all dead. It’s really that simple. Regardless if we are there or not. At this stage in the game there are no winners.

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

You either didn’t fully read my point or didn’t grasp what I said. First I said our forces were there to act as a tripwire to prevent Chinese or Russian support. No doubt the S Koreans would beat the North in a conventional war...in fact the NK would likely collapse on its own. However the devastation caused by the initial attack and consequent flood of refugees from NK into SK, China and Russia would destabilize China and likely SK.
    While I don’t claim to be an expert I have read foreign policy and defense articles and books on our positions around the world. I’ve also traveled to Korea several times and worked for a Korean company giving me the opportunity to talk with Koreans including fairly high level executives. What gives you the idea you know shit about it?

10. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

True but if Kimbo thinks he’s about to lose everything there is a significant line of thought that he may launch just to bring everyone down with him.
    Our forces were there originally as a tripwire after the Korean War and during the Cold War. Primarily they were to convince the Chinese and Russians to hold their leash. They are also a sign of our commitment to support SK and Japan. 20,000 soldiers would not change the outcome of a battle but are there to prevent a war.