The future

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Dec 1, 2020.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

I resemble that remark....

HalloweenRun likes this.
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

The point remains though. I think there is quite a difference in talking about a tax policy that directly impacts you vs what to do with NK....

I mean, I hear the left say Trump handles them wrong, but cant really say how. They just hate that the Orange Bastard walked in the DMZ and took a nice photo....

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    shane0911 and Jmg like this.
  3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

nah. there are topics the layman can understand. this isnt one of them. you have never negotiated a treaty with iran. you dont understand the implications of the treaties with russia, or if they could be renegotiatied, or even specifically what they said or to what extent russia can or will abide by them, or the advantages and disadvatages of continuing or exiting them. i have a degree in international law and have been to russia and ukraine recently while they were at war and know a decent amount about this, and i dont know.

and why would we need to give up anything for a treaty with nuclear iran when the israelis are just gonna murder their scientists and prevent them from getting a nuke anyways.

a simpler issue, like whether minimum wage is good, i understand that. i can argue it and i am correct. this is not a simple issue like that. its a negotiation with complex people about complex issues you dont understand.

4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

exactly.

its like poker. is bluffing a good strategy? well, yeah..sometimes. when? well... when it works. how will we know when it will work? ummmmm thats very complicated.

negotiating with north korea is not something with a proven simple strategy. maybe we treat him nice. maybe we scare him, maybe we piss him off. maybe we have agents destroy him from the inside. maybe he wants to be friends but he cant because he is stuck in a prison he didnt even really create etc etc etc.

its not just "orange man do bad"

5. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I guess we are not going to agree then. Which is no real problem, just how it is. Cheers!

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

we dont agrtee, but thats because you are wrong.

here, an article from the NYT for you, from today:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/30/...ywh7Z_XBNswgXstU2UvIu0NgdCEKQI2Ern63NEY6PJMp0

"
    The president-elect’s aim of returning normalcy to foreign policy has spooked human rights defenders in Asia, who see President Trump as someone who confronted dictators."

biden by contrast is a pussy. trump said shit like he would hit NK with "fire and fury" if they fucked with our good friends japan and SK.

that trump is a friend to dictators is a bullshti left wing orange man bad talking point. its not true.

7. HalloweenRun

I read that this morning. Too bad there is more than one authoritarian wacko in the world.

It’s comical that while Trump periodically talks a tough game with Kim, he also pines away about his love letters. Much more importantly, with Trump cutting back on US - South Korea exercises several years ago, and the reality of US troop rotations, we have very little, dangerously little, training and experience with the South Korean military.

I anticipate yet another "you are wrong." Whatever. Save your energy.

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

without this training it might take 5 minutes instead of 4 to defeat NK army that would never dare invade in a million years.

north korea threat is not about joint army bullshit. its purely about nukes.

tell us how he should deal with kim. are you a psychologist? know what he likes? know how to manipulate him?

Frogleg likes this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You've spent far too much time in the Navy. It is clear that you've never been to Korea, at least not for any length of time other than a quick port call. Maybe you've forgotten that we've had a division stationed there oh since, oh I don't know, the end of the fucking Korean War!!!! No experience, No Training! Are you out of your mind? Wait, I retract that last question, strike it from the record.

The running joke in korea is we (The US Presence) wasn't to keep the North koreans from invading south, it was to keep the S. Koreans from taking over the north.

You have clearly lost whatever it was you had left of your mind.

APPTiger and Jmg like this.
  10. HalloweenRun

Well that’s embarrassing. How long is an Army tour on the Korean Peninsula?