The future

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Dec 1, 2020.

1. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

kind of funny when we are talking about what to do with children who cross the border illegally. So when that happens, the moral judgement falls on us? What about the prior responsibility of the parents? If you were the parent and decided the only choice you had to make was to put it on someone else to make the moral choice, what does that mean? Is this a situation where the end justifies the means? They cross so they are protected with free health care and free college? That is what some believe. I don't believe that.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

what do you do with people who do enter illegally? if you dont cage them then you dont have borders. how to you intend to enforce borders without jailing people. in cages!

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

if a husband and wife kill while robbing a bank, should you put them in a cage? what about their kids, should they be jailed too or separated from the parents? if both family separation and putting people in cages for crimes is immoral then maybe we should allow the whole family to murder together, and cross the border freely, even if they are terrorists.

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Me thinks you playing the semantics game Martin. The cages that Obama’s administration built and used....the same ones Trump’s administration used were just chain link squares in a building. There were no facilities for relief or necessities. They were at best a solution for a couple of hours use but not more. Both administrations appear to have kept people in there for days.
    Now you seem to be calling a regular jail cell a cage or advocating cages be used for jail cells (using your murder analogy). You ignore the whole criminal justice program that has jail cells and uses foster care for children. Don’t you think that’s a better vehicle for serious crimes?
    As to use of cages for long term holding that’s poor planning by Obama and Trump. They should have built better more humane mean of holding these refugees. Separate areas for families with children etcetera.
    Are you advocating that those cages be used for long term incarcerations or you just arguing for the sake of arguing?

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I think the point is that instead of blaming Trump, you should blame their parents for putting them in that situation.

Bengal B likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

And the human trafficking scumbags

7. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I agree. The issue is that Trump was presented with a very high visibility problem, not really even of his causing and did NOTHING to fix it. It did not benefit him, so he just walked away. Kind of a recurring theme with him. Frankly I’m surprised he did not build a Trump Towers along the border and put families up in it, while charging the US a princely sum.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Well that is false. He 100% tried to bring down border crossings. You know, the less crossings, the less kids in cages.

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

all jails are cages. i was trying to clarify whether you want people caged at all. apparently your issue is with the quality of the cages themselves. you would be fine with trump's immigration policy of family separation and caging migrants, provided only that the cages themselves were a bit nicer?

if he had funded the construction of thousands more cages that had bars instead of chain links, that would have been fine?

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I don't think Winston even knows. Its usually just the opposite of what Trump does.