The future

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Dec 1, 2020.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

the elected party....

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I was thinking more of Asians from Taiwan and Korea

Winston1 likes this.
  3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

in a cage? what if they run away

Bengal B likes this.
  4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

so you want to jail the children as well?

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

one argument i have made many times here is that the russian interference bullshit was nothin. it was normal and typical. and the media used the fact that you dont know that against you. you think its crazy. "oh lord they interfered, how could this happen oh my jeezus!"

but i have been saying its no big deal its normal and we do it they didnt do much anyways, and china does way more.

the new york times:

Most Americans are understandably shocked by what they view as an unprecedented attack on our political system. But intelligence veterans, and scholars who have studied covert operations, have a different, and quite revealing, view.

“If you ask an intelligence officer, did the Russians break the rules or do something bizarre, the answer is no, not at all,” said Steven L. Hall, who retired in 2015 after 30 years at the C.I.A., where he was the chief of Russian operations. The United States “absolutely” has carried out such election influence operations historically, he said, “and I hope we keep doing it"

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/17/...y-one-meddling-in-elections-we-do-it-too.html

LSUpride123 likes this.
  6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

While what you say is accurate that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t make every effort to stop and/or limit them. If you make the analogy to war you want to prevent your adversary from harming Those you’re defending. The same holds true here.
    The Soviet Union has tried to impact our election since it came into being. However it was crude and obvious and only recently with the explosion of social media and hacking. Has it become effective at all.
    Just because other countries tried to or in fact were effective in their attempt to influence the 2016 election it doesn’t mean Trump was involved. The various investigations proved that...both points. To tell us that just because we interfere in others we should just roll over and accept it is ridiculous. That’s akin to telling your wife that if she’s raped she shouldn’t fight back but just enjoy it.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

What a stupid analogy Winston.

USAFRet66.86 and Frogleg like this.
  8. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

The point was that the legacy media and Democrats portrayed it as unprecedented, sensationalized it to no end, trying hard to link its very occurrence with Trump. But it's quite common, a game / battle played by most countries - all countries play offense and defense.

9. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Yeah Winston, put the bong down.

USAFRet66.86 and Bengal B like this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Facebook adds = rape.