The facts, nothing but the facts

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roygu, Feb 27, 2004.

1. roygu

roygu Founding Member

That statement that was made that Nick did much more with freshman starters in footbal than Brady has in basketball has zero credibility. The poster used the play of Vincent and Broussard as his evidence.

Pretending that one freshmen on the football team has any significance to this years basketball team is delusional. We start Bass and Koundjia both freshmen. That is 40 % of the team. Two of the subs are Freshmen. Now imagine starting nine freshmen, of the twenty two starters, on the football team. What do you think our record whould have been?
    Heck we had a Sophomore starting at Quarterback, Randall and a first year starter at SS, Hunt in 2002 and what happened?

In reference to effects of injuries on teams, do you remember the effect on the Tiger defense in 2002 when Spears was injured. We were in the top four of five in defense when Spears was injured in the SC game. He missed the Auburn Game and was very much handicapped in the Alabama game. We coulsn't stop anybody.

Is there a similarity to the Alabam and Auburn football games in 2002, after Spears was injured and James quit the team, and the Auburn,Vanderbilt, and Mississippi State basketball games in 2004, after Lloreda was injured?

2. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

well, let me say this. In all respect to our Tiger basketball team, Mississippi State is probably one of the top 5 teams in the nation, and they will most likely be a #1 seed in the Big Dance and I would not be surprised to see them in the final four. Lawrence Roberts is phenominal.

They way LSU was beat by them does not surprise me one bit, especially with the injuries we had for the game.

I think the knee jerking going on about the basketball team is a little unwarranted since we are actually overachieving this year by many experts opinions. By happy we will see post season action....many teams accross the nation woud be ecstatic with that prospect.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

You're right comparing the freshmen playing football to the freshmen playing basketball is like comparing apples and oranges. However it is time for Brady to either produce or get off the pot. I'm tired of excuses, like Jim Mora said it doesn't mean diddly poo. It's time for a consistant winner in the falling down PMAC. I don't care if it is John Brady or Al Sharpton somebody lead us out of the middle of the division I pack and consistantly into the top 25. We should have higher expectations than an ole miss fan even in the worst of seasons. Settling for mediocrity is not an option this Tiger fan is willing to consider. GEAUX TIGERS

4. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Twisted, I agree 100% with your post. I'm just not convinced who is the best to take us there.
    I just watched Countdown to Signing Day, basketball, on Sports South. They listed LSU's class as number one and gave an account as to how each recruit was progressing. They listed Maryland number two and some mid west school as number three. LSU's class was actually doing better than the other top rated classes.
    There were few freshmen that were doing better than Bass but they were rated higher than him coming out of high school.
    Interesting that one of the top performing freshmen is Deng at Duke. However, the top scoring freshman is a guy from Minnesota who I think signed with Duke early but was allowed to change his mind and sign with Minnesota. Duke probably had so amny All Americans that one less didn't matter. :)

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

roygu, you are correct and it should be understood without saying. yet some people seem to be clueless on a lot of things....kinda like saying someone was an MVP of the trny and should be the star of the team. What does a 4 day trny have to do with anything. Anyhow, yes, brady has got to turn this team around and show a little progression similar to their 5 game winning streak. they are struggling right now....injuries aside, they cant quit like they did the other night. let's hope they put it together late.