Crime The Eric Garner murder

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Dec 4, 2014.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

There's a fucking video showing what happened. This isn't hearsay like Michael Brown. I get that. In this case, no way. The evidence is overwhelming that the cop did not follow proper protocol, instigated something that should have NEVER happened, and then continued to apply a chokehold around a man's neck who was clearly complaining he couldn't breathe while 5 other cops had come in to help him contain the man. Then not applying CPR was even more damning. That involved these other neanderthal cops that just hovered over the lifeless man. All clearly captured on video.

2. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

What this city needs is a hero to fight the crime and corruption that is rampant. What this city needs is the Batman.

Bengal B likes this.
  3. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

That shit was all for show. Playing to the camera.

4. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

The vid makes me sick. I only give respect when someone has earned it. Just being a cop doesn't earn it. They work for us but like to control by fear.

This man lost his life for selling a "loose cigarette". Give me a f'in break. Cops just think they can do whatever they want these days.

5. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Tiga, the use of choke holds had been banned by the department for a reason so the excuse that they heard it all the time goes right out the window. I would have no problem with a Negligent Homicide charge at this point. I agree that the cop wasn't trying to kill him, but the fact remains that he did and there are consequences to every action.

red55 likes this.
  6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

A couple of years ago, police in Fort Worth went to investigate a burglar alarm going off . The morons went to the wrong address, a 75-year-old grandpa went into his driveway to investigate the car that had pulled up, the police "reported that he didn't halt when they told him to" (my 73-year-old dad can't hear for shit...was this the case here?), and the police shot the man dead right in front of his garage.

Some of the nonsense with police needs to stop. Shooting 12-year-olds, elderly men (who absolutely had done nothing wrong), etc.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

not all, just certain ones.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Where is the police misconduct here? The guy had been beating the woman, was fighting the police and they wrestled him down and into handcuffs and he stopped breathing shortly thereafter.

Wyatt also admits her son was on cocaine and embalming fluid, also known as a drug called "wet," before the incident with police, but believes the situation was taken out of hand.

10. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

that's the thing we these kind of headlines....each case has to be taken on it's own merits and not let the fact that there is too much police misconduct turn into an inquisition of police in general. for as much as I want there to be greater integrity and transparency in local policing, I understand the need for a police force. at some point the police stopped being ambassadors of the law most of the time, and enforcers of it whenever they had to be and turned to being enforcers only, and then not always abiding by the codes of conduct and laws they are sworn to uphold. it needs to be said that there are some well-meaning individuals on every police force who do the job with a good deal of sincerity and care for the community they protect. that said, these kind of things are happening so frequently that it is hard to say it is just a few bad apples any more. there is something systemic that needs to be fixed.