The early NFL Exodus

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jan 7, 2020.

1. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

You have to know that these guys are saying to themselves that whatever next season brings it wont be as good as this year, so even another championship would in some ways be a disappointment.

fanatic likes this.
  2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Yeh, I don't understand why he's leaving unless he just doesn't like the academics part of school. His dad is rich so its not like he needs the money like some of these other dudes that want to get paid.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

EGO

el005639 likes this.
  4. fanatic

Especially Jefferson because it's highly unlikely his numbers next year will be anywhere near where they were this year.

I get what you're saying, but there's no way a championship would be a disappointment. The feeling might not be as good as it is this year but I doubt there's any disappointment, even if we don't go 15-0.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Ask Skip Bertman if he was disappointed about any of his titles.

Winston1 and shane0911 like this.
  6. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Yall are taking what I'm saying a little too literally. A second championship would not be a disappointment, but the high of that one would not be as great as this one. And the season numbers are not likely to be as great on offense.

didit likes this.
  7. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Its the guys on the edge of draft/FA deal I worry about most. One more year could change their lives so much better.

shane0911 likes this.
  8. didit

didit Veteran Member

at first i agreed with what you are saying because i was think the same thing... the record, who we beat, the gaudy offensive numbers, the awards will be hard to top... then i thought, what if we go back to back with all that we're losing? imo, that would be a greater achievement... that's a big what if though...

StaceyO likes this.
  9. fanatic

I agree with that. I just thought 'disappointment' was a poor choice of words when describing winning a championship.

10. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

That is the thing, everyone has a new standard. I hear fans of other teams that think LSU will go back to LSU of the past because Joe Burrow is gone. Myself thinking, we won't ever see an LSU offense operate like that again. I laugh at some of these folks though, they don't have Joe Burrow either. I had a lot of fun during the championship runs especially but off years have their good points as well. Some things will never change about football, its about winning games, its about making a play whether its running or passing and playing defense. As simple as that. By the time August is here folks will be more than ready for football and it will be fun like it has always been in the past. Great story lines next fall, new coaches at LSU, new QB, new players, some key players are coming back though. Different storylines, Dave Aranda at Baylor, Joe Brady at Carolina. Joe Burrow possibly a Cincinnati Bengal. There is some real interesting things to look forward too.

el005639, leroy7500 and Bengal B like this.