The early NFL Exodus

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jan 7, 2020.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Only because he has heart. I'm ok with our RBs even though they will probably both leave early.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  2. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Well said. The keys will be OLB, OL, and D coordinator. I am a little bit worried about E running that offense, but it’s probably unwarranted. The other key will be can these guys make clutch plays.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Clyde needed to leave, he's at his absolute peak, never gonna have a shot to be drafted as high as he'll end up being drafted.

4. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

If you are referring to me as “TCU”, I never said what year Stingley was in and I know he is a freshman.

Winston1 likes this.
  5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

This is pretty spot-on. We have a mere shell of a team left. It reminds me of the one and done, lightning in a bottle Cam Newton season at Auburn.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    tirk, fanatic and shane0911 like this.
  6. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

One big difference is that Coach O has recruited way better talent than Chizik ever did, though.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  7. StaceyO

I certainly hope so. I just hate that we win a championship in legendary fashion, only to have massive defections the same week.

Of course, if I am most of those juniors, I would leave, too. 20 years ago, I was all about "graduate and get that college degree." Now, I feel a bit differently. If you think you can make a boatload of cash, go for it. It goes without saying that applies to guys like Jefferson, who had unbelievable numbers and success. For some of the others, an additional (good) year may have earned them even more money.

As for Moss, he's not your typical first generation college football player. He was raised with NFL money. He will be fine anywa . I personally hope the Cowboys get him

fanatic likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You just couldn't say Saints, could you. You really have turned into a Texan.

9. StaceyO

Guilty as charged. I actively hated the Cowboys for about 10 years after moving here. It was torture because all that the local media talks about is the Cowboys (much like LSU in BR media.)

When the Cowboys drafted Bradie James, I was finally like, screw it, I'll be a Cowboys fan, which makes the fall more tolerable.

Now, living about 3 miles from the Star training facility, all of North Plano and Frisco is filthy with players and Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

As the Soup Nazi would say, "No gumbo for you."

kcal and didit like this.