The Case for O

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tzanghi, Nov 26, 2016.

1. LSU Strength

LSU Strength Veteran Member

I can't disagree with any of that. He is beatable, everyone is. Just don't plan to make a living doing it, and I don't think it is a fair barometer for a coach to expect to consistently beat one of the best of all time with crazy talent. Hopefully Eaux won't lose so much of the talent from LA.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I hope he goes 400-0 and retires with 20 rings. Doesn't change the fact that for some of us, this hire isn't good enough. Alabama targeted their guy and went and got him. Michigan did the same, Ohio State did the same, Texas is about to do the same. LSU targeted 2 guys missed and went with leftovers from the last regime. Not very inspiring from what is supposed to be a top 5 school.

kcal, TheRealist, Kal-El012 and 3 others like this.
  3. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

To be fair targeting sloppy seconds jimbo was a horrible idea. Yes I do think we missed on Herman and I think he would have been an exciting hire. However I think eaux is a good hire as well.

Like I said before all things being equal the 6 mil price tag for who blew 3 huge games to nobodies is hard to swallow.

4. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I hear you, but this sounds like a criticism of the administration and not of O. I've got no problem with criticizing how they handled this.

TwistedTiger, LSU Strength and didit like this.
  5. LaSalleAve

I have nothing against Coach Orgeron, and if I'm being 100 percent honest, I have no idea what the guy can. Don't think he will get us to Atlanta though.

6. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

My question to you is why don't you think he will make it to Atlanta?

7. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

True, but blind luck and timing played a big part. Bama, OSU, and UM all needed a coach when Saban, Meyer, and Harbaugh needed a team. None of those three really poached their guy away from another team.

Winston1 and $TigerFan$ like this.
  8. LaSalleAve

You have to score points and the road to Atlanta travels through Tuscaloosa.

9. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

That's totally a fair criticism. However, O recognized the shortcomings on offense and has decided to go out and get the best OC he can. He's being smart and not egotistical. With a good OC I can see us putting up some more points there.

10. LSU Strength

LSU Strength Veteran Member

I think Eaux has the potential to surprise quite a few people. There are a few coaches I can think of that turned out to be awesome that weren't good as a HC their first time around. If he can surround himself with talented coaches and let them coach, recruit well, and know when to call a damn timeout, he can go far.

I don't care about whether or not we run the spread. I would be happy with an efficient pro-style offense as well, the kind where big time QB and WR's want to play, and which actually throws to the freaking TE on occasion.

lsu-i-like, Herb and didit like this.