The Case for O

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tzanghi, Nov 26, 2016.

1. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Unfortunately, him being a SR, I'm pretty sure he is a shot QB at this point.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm no Harris fan, I've made that known before he came to LSU. However I don't think it's really fair to judge the kid because of the coaching he received here. The only quarterbacks that are ever worth a fuck since Miles got here have been guys who have spent at least a year in college under someone else.

Flynn and Russell under Saban and Fisher before Miles got here, Mett at the community college and Danny at Purdue.

3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Not judging just commenting on what I've seen. And from what I've seen he doesn't have the toughness of Danny. Don't know if its lack of confidence from a lack of coaching or just the way he is. But its the missing piece in his QB tool box. I would love to see him be the comeback story of next year, but it would surprise me.

4. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Since it’s been the trend to bump these posts recently...

islstl likes this.
  5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Whew!

I thought I was gonna come up into this thread reading something stupid and asinine that I wrote.

Bengal B and tzanghi like this.
  6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The post came across as prophetic. Especially the part about him knowing his limits, and going out and getting help.

tzanghi likes this.
  7. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I did pick the absolute peak time to revive it lol. If I had taken a peak at this during 2017 or last year after the Bama game, it probably wouldn’t sit as well.

Suffice it to say, there’s a lot left for O to do here, but I’m more than happy with what he’s done so far and the position he has us in now.

Bengal B likes this.
  8. KevinWS

KevinWS Founding Member

Most of the very successful I know are smart enough to have people around them that are not afraid to call out their blindsides and are even sometimes smarter than they are.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

its mostly hyperbole. Nick Saban has more assistants and advisors than the chief of staff. Its not because he knows everything. Oeaux is just much more open about things.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I read a story last night about a guy who had just started working for Microsoft, In a meeting he told Bill Gates that his latest project wouldn't work and told him why. Gates agreed but the guy's supervisor jumped his ass and told him "You work for me, You have to clear it with me before you say anything like that." The guy said "I don't work for you. I work for Microsoft." Now that guy is a billionaire himself but the story also gives insight to why Gates has been so successful. He hires smart people and listens to them,