The Case for O

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tzanghi, Nov 26, 2016.

1. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I agree, Eling just lacks the arm strength. I love his toughness, but he is too limited. Maybe with a new OC, we can see the potential of Harris come to fruition.

Still, the play calling was too conservative. As well as too many of those FB dives.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Right, but O doesn't call any of that. He had to work with what he was given.

Don't get me wrong, he fucked up. The game was tight and he made it worse at times, but so did cheddar teeth on the other sideline. The end of the game came down to LSU fucking up 1 too many times.

3. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

With O wanting install the spread or versions of it with a mobile QB, what's that do for the Brennan kid from Mississippi? Still a go?

4. ThePhenom74

Word is, he very solid to LSU. A good coach will tailor the O to what his QB does well. As long as he is a solid enough athlete to run a few times we should be fine.

alfredeneuman likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Brennan is pretty mobile. And he is excited about Orgeron getting the job. He hasn't wavered at all.

6. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Are you mad? Etling's arm is strong enough, and he gets better every game. Quick enough to make a few runs too. Harris has repeatedly proven to be incompetent for the role. He lacks the most important QB quality, making good decisions.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'd be surprised if Brandon Harris is with us next season.

8. ThePhenom74

Maybe Harris is just that bad. I'd like to have seen him in a more spread like scheme. Harris was forced into a role that he is not suited for. This goes back to the whole Miles, ruing QB's. Put Harris on TCU, Baylor, Oregon, etc and I'd bet he would be very productive.

There is reason most of the passes or very short and underneath. Etling struggles intermediate and deep. I agree, he is improving each week.

9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I'm still waiting for for Harris to show he has the mental game to match his physical. Hopefully someone else can bring it out. Because so far its been a roller coaster.

10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I think you're in for a long wait.