The Candidate (Coaching List to Replace O)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Brian, Oct 9, 2021.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Which is more than anyone could hope for, won't stay there because its Baylor.

2. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

They have Texas Tech & the Big 12 championship game left. I like their chances.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Gundy and the pokes will finish higher than they will

4. BornOnTheBayou

If they beat OU & Baylor in the championship game they will.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

Mel Tucker agreed to a 10-year, $95M contract extension.

6. Mr. B

Mr. B Founding Member

So was just talking to a friend who is a die-hard LSU to the Core. We were talking about possible coaches and I had to really break it down to him that from what has played out pretty much no one is chomping at the bit to come to LSU with many just playing the game to get extensions or fatter contracts. LSU will likely end up with a decent coach but nothing like they originally started out swinging for the fences. If swinging for the fences only gets you an Aranda or a Napier then that isn't saying much. I know its a hard pill to swallow but it is what it is.

Don Castavez likes this.
  7. BornOnTheBayou

We have no way of knowing what is going on behind the scenes. Probably only two or three people or in the know. I think we will know Sunday or Monday who the new coach will be.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  8. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

We need to let go of this “swinging for the fences” nonsense. Signing a name coach, who may not fit in with Louisiana culture, who’s best coaching days may be in the rear mirror, who may retire, move on to the NFL or another team after a 2 -3 year stay, or who may be carrying around a lot of Title IX baggage is not what we need as the next head football coach at LSU.
    What we need is a successful coach who is not close to retirement who wants to succeed at LSU and stay, a coach who will recruit talented players with good character and coach them up to maximize their potential on an off the field. Most importantly he must be willing to innovate and evolve with the game.
    In 2000 we hired a coach named Nick Saban. By the swinging for the fences metric, his hire would have been a popup.

9. tigerace

tigerace Founding Member

This could be 100% scuttlebutt, so I take it with a grain of salt (I'm in Spartanburg, SC so I am not in the know), but one of my Baton Rouge contacts says he's hearing it's going to be Aranda and he'll bring Tom Herman in as OC. Anyone heard this? Does that make anyone feel bette/worser about Aranda if Herman were to come run the Offense?

10. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Unless that coach is coaching a team that might be playing for their conference championship or might make the playoffs. If that is the case, we might need to wait longer.