The Candidate (Coaching List to Replace O)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Brian, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

I never really found the phone in there but that’s another story for another time

shane0911 likes this.
  2. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

May not be same conf but the same scenario is true for Napier. Last I checked ULL was a secondary school to a more prom in-state school scoopin up all the top talent...

If we dont, someone else will. Has already turned down barn and olepiss I think but says he wants to coach in SEC for a school that will bankroll his system. Pretty sure he ait talkin bout the gumps, uga, or lassies.

Brian and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You are correct. The fact that Oeaux won a title proves this very very much.

A coach with skills has to look at that say "god damn I could dominate there".

furduknfish, kcal, LSU_4_LIFE and 3 others like this.
  4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

If Napier were dominating that conference I might agree, but he hasn't been that good. His biggest assets at this point are his work with Saban and Debo, and his knowledge of Louisiana recruiting grounds.

Brian likes this.
  5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Won their division every year he’s been there, 11 and 10 wins the last two years with probably another 10 win season and division and conference title this year. I think he’s been pretty dang good.

tirk, Brian and furduknfish like this.
  6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I am connected to many people who are close to Napier. I will get their view as to if he may be a candidate. One thing he would bring is a tough well coached offensive line and a quality run game. Whether this job is too big for him is another issue.

MobileBengal likes this.
  7. furduknfish

None of the second schools then/now were dominating their respective confs. Whole point is they have success as little instate brother. Ergo Saban, Miles, and so on.

Doing more with less, so to speak...

His only real knock is he hasnt coached a P5 school yet. But adding that req creates all kind of extra cost/guarantees on other side. Im more inclined to find diamond in rough before someone else does and make his contract backend performance loaded.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    Brian likes this.
  8. furduknfish

9. Mr. B

Mr. B Founding Member

Perhaps not focus so much on the head coach and focus on some top OC/DC. I know the head coach is the top dog and where all the camera's, etc are focused but look at the current situation and same you see with a lot of teams. LSU thrived with a top notch creative OC/DC and when they were gone O like many coaches get exposed.

10. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I think the goal is to get a guy that doesn’t get exposed like that.

furduknfish, LSU_4_LIFE and Winston1 like this.