The Candidate (Coaching List to Replace O)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Brian, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

My coching connection is usually 70% to 80% right. He knows many many coaches it's a freaking fraternity. Untill recently he would attend the coaches convention. Was once called for an interview for an assistant job at South Carolina. Once again he heard through the grapevine that there is a push for a minority coach. Both Aranda and Tucker fit the bill. The wait is to see how both finish the season and is why O was talked into staying along with a money settlement in his favor. My private thoughts are Franklin and Napier are the wild cards I believe. A huge surprise would be Fickell or Brady but still not counting that out. Remember Brady was offered the OC job but a big payday head coaching job might sway him back to the college ranks. Even if we could pull Frickell from his Midwest roots he's a gamble to head to Columbus should that job open up.

If Aranda and Truckers late seasons are a bust and we hire either just to placate some PC wish this would be a huge disappointment and turn into a long climb back should they fail. They both finish strong then we are in the driver's seat. Would prefer Fickell or Brady then a toss up of Aranda, Tucker or Napier. Maybe Woodward has a huge surprise up his sleeve but not likely.

2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

If I had to pick between Aranda and Tucker it’s a no brainer. Dance with the devil you know.

I have way more concerns around Tuckers “dancing around” and being an unknown. While he is 7-0, he hasn’t beaten a team with a winning record yet.

Great thing about those 2 is they have great auditions coming up. The meat of their respective schedules is ahead of them, so it will be more entertaining to watch since they’re “on the list”. If Tucker finished 8-4 his 7-0 record is a bit of fools gold.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Talks a good game.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Well he is on the wrong side of Brady. May as well just stop with that. Let's just assume that there was a chance, why would you want him to be HC? He had NO HC experience! Can he recruit? Does he even want to recruit? Have you forgotten how quickly he hightailed out of here after one season? Nah eff that dude, he isn't an option and I'm glad!

Pjoe likes this.
  5. LSU_4_LIFE

The more I think about it, I think James Franklin is hands down Woodward's #1 candidate.

6. LSU_4_LIFE

Seems like more of an extrovert than Aranda. Which is important on the recruiting trail and fundraising events, etc. I haven't seen much of Dave at a podium at Baylor, but during his time at media days in 2019, he was very soft spoken.

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

You need to re read my post. Coach didn't mention Brady I did and only as a long shot. Personally Brady is a head coach in waiting probably NFL. Besides Brady is not my top choice at all

shane0911 likes this.
  8. lsu-i-like

Get a better vibe from Tucker.

9. lsu-i-like

I like how thoughtful Aranda is.

Perple likes this.
  10. Pjoe

Pjoe Formally Known as $TigerFan$

I think it’s Franklin & Tucker but I really think Franklin goes to USC. I’m pretty sure it’s done we are just waiting.