The Candidate (Coaching List to Replace O)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Brian, Oct 9, 2021.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Peace out niggas. his bmw looks purple. He was ready.
    What if ND makes the playoffs and wins the NC. that’d be hilarious. He slunk out of cinci middle of the night the same way. But I think I see Gordon freeman in the backseat with his crowbar ready for BR.

furduknfish and Swerved like this.
  2. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I recall Saban and Miles doing similar things in that they strongly denied they were going elsewhere but ended up in Miami and Baton Rouge, respectively.

Lincoln Riley denied he was going to LSU (technically, he wasn't asked about USC so I guess he didn't lie) then boarded a plane at 4:30 in the morning to go to LAlaland to sign the papers and check out his new $6 million house.

The fans that feel spurned like to spin things to make themselves the victim. There are always different explanations.

tirk likes this.
  3. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Here is a little diddy about CBK pulled out of the archives:

On a winter night in Mount Pleasant, Michigan, Matt LaFleur and Robert Saleh thought they were invited to a party at the home of their boss, Central Michigan University football coach Brian Kelly.

Turns out, they weren’t on the guest list.

They were on the worker list.

"We shoveled the snow and parked all the cars," Saleh said. "Then, at the end of the night, we had to go get the cars again."

And then they went back to the tiny apartment they shared as graduate assistants and stood around their kitchen table -- the one without any chairs.

"We decided that when we’re in that position, we’re never going to treat people the way we got treated," said Saleh, now the San Francisco 49ers defensive coordinator. "And Matty’s lived up to it."

Nobody's going to be shoveling snow in La!

4. JaxTigFan

JaxTigFan Founding Member

They might be bailing water though!

5. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

After sleeping on this, I've warmed up to it. Considering what he's done in South Bend with recruiting while having to comply with the school's academic requirements, I think he will crush it here. He has been a winner everywhere he's gone, and he is a good coach that understands what it means to be the face of a major college team. He clearly is not scared of a challenge and I think he is quite capable, if not likely, to bring us another championship. As previously mentioned we were about to have to settle for Stoops, Kiffen, BoB, Tucker, etc... I think what we got is a better coach then all of those.

Take the names off all the resumes and set them side by side and see who's is the most impressive; who's the most prepared to coach a team like LSU. I think just because he seems like an odd fit is why there are some people that don't like him. They will claim a bunch of other reasons, but ultimately it wasn't who they wanted so they don't like it. One thing is for sure, there is not a coach out there that is qualified for the job that LSU could have hired that would please everyone. It's ok to doubt the hire, but if he proves doubters wrong (and I believe he is certainly able to), will those folks have enough character and integrity about them to admit they were wrong? I didn't see this hire coming nor did I really want it, but after looking at it and thinking about it, I think it can prove to be almost perfect. I'm all in.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

He was getting roasted when I left town yesterday

7. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

8. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

9. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

MobileBengal likes this.
  10. kluke

kluke Founding Member

You have to say this for CBK, he is all in for LSU. Raiding the ND head staff while they are still in play for playoffs. He either is focused on LSU or pissed at ND
    Either way I love it

65Grad and TigerFan90 like this.