The Bush Administration is about to announce

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Jul 15, 2003.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

that the Federal deficit will be $450 billion this year, up from the $300 billion they've been telling us for months.

Look at your children. Is it fair to burden them with your debt?

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I looked at my children and realized they are WHY I'm in debt.

That said, do you think there has never been a deficit before? Are we treading new ground? Open your eyes. Look at what's happened since 9/11/01. Of course there's going to be a deficit. Is your issue with the forecasted debt? It's not an exact science you know. The fact that the revised figure will be published is significant. It's called full disclosure. The administration has nothing to hide.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

No. Just the difficulty in forecasting deficits. Earth to liberals: It ain't cheap to save the world.

4. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

Shrub spends money like it's water while pretending to cut taxes. Trouble is, we spend $2.2T a year. Taxpayers have to pick up the tab sooner or later. All Shrub's "tax cut" does is kick the can down the road. In the future we still have to cough up that $2.2T, plus interest.

For me, that's a significant tax increase because I'm still young and most of my income will be in the future, when tax rates will be higher to foot the bill for Shrub's spendthrift ways.