The Biden presidency

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Dec 29, 2020.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

I'm not buying that, ocean, I think, "man's base animal nature", is hogwash, people are naturally good, of god.. human's inherent evil is fiction, invented by organized religion as a way to control people,.. "you're so very bad, only we can fix you, we're your salvation, pay us"

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

God bless you

3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Dirty Harry? Geeze your going to hell for saying that

4. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Well Duck .. you seem to be arguing the depravity of "Religion"; involving the bastardization of prophecy and truth for political purposes. Think real hard on it, .... the fact that "Humans" would take the teachings of great spiritual leaders and package them for their own selfish benefit is just more proof that Humans are EVIL by nature. In essence, Humans take teachings meant to heal and save the world and turn them into dogma to wound and enslave the world.

Humans are the only animal on earth that enjoys watching someone or something else suffer. That is EVIL!! We are by default selfish, lying, murderous, tortuous, raping, pillaging, conniving, EVIL creatures. The only reason that you have suppressed that nature is that you were taught to do so, or you had the good sense to suppress it for you own survival.

5. kcal

kcal Founding Member

is it now illegal to say illegal?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ice-cbp-to-stop-using-terms-illegal-alien-and-assimilation

Biden administration orders ICE, CBP to stop using terms 'illegal alien' and 'assimilation'
    President Biden's administration on Monday ordered departments to change the terms used to describe immigration matters, including how to refer to those who enter the country illegally, Fox News has confirmed.

The administration order came in the form of memos sent to the leaders of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and Customs and Border Protection (CBP), first reported by the Washington Post.

The Post reported that the departments will now have to avoid using the terms "illegal alien," "alien," and "assimilation." Instead, they are being asked to use the terms "noncitizen or migrant," "undocumented" and "integration."

6. GiantDuckFan

no,.. just no, ocean, people are good,.

true, the only evil in the world is in the mind of man, but evil is a learned behavior, it is not in our essence, a baby has no evil in it, but becomes corrupted,.. it's not humanity that's bad,.. evil comes from individuals, one person with a mind gone amuck can wreck havoc upon the world,..

people are wonderfull, bu there are troublemakers,.. and their problem is, they have a swelling at the end of their spine, an enlarged rational mind

Winston1 and mctiger like this.
  7. onceanlsufan

Sociopathic behavior in children can be detected in ages as early as 3 years old. Treatment has absolutely no effect. The combination of genetics and environment tend to nurture or starve the sociopathic tendencies, but environment and behavioral treatment can not eliminate it.

This tends to fly in the face of your assertion that humans are basically "good". I'd say that the potential ranges from the meek to the psychopathic. Sociopathy is not a all or none equation. People can have varying degrees of sociopathic, anti-social behaviors.

These selfish behaviors stem from our animal self. The animal self only has two concerns ... survival (food, water, shelter etc) and SEX (and all crimes that are associated with more sex). It is the higher self, the spirit if you will, that opposes the animal self. It's not a consequence that Jesus was "sacrificed", it is the symbolic representation of sacrificing the animal self to follow the higher guidance of the spirit, and shows that following the spirit leads to life, whereas, allegiance to the animal self is a recipe for death. EVEN in the Bible, people can do "good things" for the WRONG reason. Helping the poor to help the poor is one thing .. helping the poor for recognition for helping the poor is another. HENCE ... "do not pray as the Priest for all to see, their prayer has already been answered (to be seen praying), but pray in secret .. etc"

8. GiantDuckFan

I said babies, and I don't believe in psychology,.. the rest of your post is mostly church spew,.. people are naturally good, I tell you, I see it everyday,.. a total stranger holds a door open for me often, why?.. because people are nice and have kind hearts,.. there are wonderfull people everywhere, but they don't get much credit for it,.. because jerks make a lot of noise, get too much attention, and hog the news

9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

i side with GDF on this one....

https://www.scientificamerican.com/...an-nature-and-discover-we-are-good-after-all/
    Scientists Probe Human Nature--and Discover We Are Good, After All
    Recent studies find our first impulses are selfless

https://www.fearlessculture.design/blog-posts/is-the-human-nature-good-or-evil

Are we inherently good or bad? This morality debate has the world divided into two camps. Recent studies shed a light.

10. onceanlsufan

Not going to completely throw the Scientificamerica article under the bus ... but ... studies conducted in the soft sciences of psychology, humanities, etc are KNOWN to be designed to give the desired outcome. OTOH ...

https://worldjusticeproject.org/rule-of-law-index/factors/2020/

It is clear that the Rule of Law and a societies willingness to abide by it is directly related to crime rates.