The Biden presidency

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Dec 29, 2020.

1. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

why is it so much easier for me to vote than someone else? I have to be registered and I have to show up at the polling place to vote at least two weeks prior to election day. What other unnatural laws of nature do others have to endure that I don't?

Robidoux87 and Winston1 like this.
  2. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

How to register to vote in North Carolina below. I know that states differ, and they probably shouldn't. But tell me - who is it that can't come up with even one of these things? I really don't think a person who never bothered to obtain any of these things is motivated to vote.

Please, anyone, send me one article that can succinctly explain: 1) Who is being "suppressed" by current ways of voting? 2) How does proposed legislation remedy this?

https://www.ncvoter.org/registering-to-vote/

To verify your identity, you must provide your birth date and your NC driver’s license (or DMV non-operator’s ID card) number, if you have one. If not, provide the last four digits of your Social Security number. If you do not have a SSN or NC license, you will need to present another form of identification, either when you mail in the form or when you first vote. Acceptable forms of ID include (1) a photo ID from any business, government, or nonprofit (including a student ID), or (2) any one of the following documents, with your name and current residential address:

• A utility bill from an electric, water, gas, phone, or cable company.
    • A bank statement or bank-card statement.
    • A paycheck or pay stub.
    • Any license, registration, permit, invoice, check, letter, or any other document from a local, state, or federal government agency.

3. Rex

Rex Founding Member

If lawmakers make it more difficult for you to vote than your neighbors, then your right to vote is not truly "equal", is it? Let's start there.

When there are very few polling places, and you don't have a car to get to the polling station.... for whom is it easier to vote, you or your neighbor with a car?

If you have to work on Tuesdays but your neighbor does not, and lawmakers attempt to limit votes, as much as possible, to Tuesdays in person.... for whom is it easier to vote, you or your neighbor who doesn't have to worry about his pay on Tuesday?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

and why haven’t we seen any interviews with people unable to vote?

5. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

if you have to work, just mail it in or use early voting. i voted in the 2016 and i was in vallodalid mexico for election day. if you have no car, take an uber, or walk. my voting place in baton rouge is the fire station on govt near frostop, i walk there in 4 minutes. same thing when i lived in new york, it was a 6 minute walk.

if you live out in the sticks (you are more likely white, so that doesnt agree with your racism hypothesis) you almost surely have a car, or you are some sort of kooky shut-in. catch a ride or mail it in. its very very easy.

also, if you really give a shit, you can always call your local political party office, imply that you are gonna vote the way they like, and they will sort you out.

fanatic likes this.
  6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Its horribly racist to think blacks are too stupid to get ID. Rex IS a racist and his whole party is racist. They are part of the abortion genocide that targets black neighborhoods. Planned Parenthood was started by a DEMOCRAT racist Margaret Sanger. The KKK was started by Natan Bedford Forrest a DEMOCRAT.

Lincoln started the Rebuplican Party and freed the slaves, Republicans were more responsible for getting the Civil Rights Bill passed than DEMOCRATS and Ronald Reagan started MLK Day. The DEMOCRATS are soaked with racism.

I am sick of this clown Rex who comes here and brands everyone a racist.

7. Rex

Rex Founding Member

HOLY FUCK.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Funny thing is these new laws make it easier to vote not harder

kcal likes this.
  9. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Then stop being a racist.

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member