The Best Fruit

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by shaqazoolu, Aug 23, 2009.

1. charlie_c0756

charlie_c0756 Founding Member

Why is it that I could've guessed Martin Love his hotdogs? Especially on a fruit post? Hmmm...

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Peaches. There is nothing like a fresh peach.

Then . . .

Plums
    grapes
    watermelon
    pineapple
    pear
    apricot
    cherries
    grapefruit
    orange

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

please dont make fun of me because i am gay. we gays are just like everyone else.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you clearly never had a fresh one right off a tree. easily one of the best fruits ever.

i buy frozen strawberries to make smoothies. i add honey and some vanilla but tried putting all kinds of other fruits. doesnt really matter as long as there is strawberries.

although i do remember adding papaya long ago and that stuff is awesome. not sure where id buy it here.

not really surprising you can find all kinds of fruits there, is it.

and please quit listing a tomato as a fruit. no one goes to buy a tomato shake or ketchup smoothie. no matter what its classified as lets just admit one of these things dont belong here-- sesame street thing.

tomato may be the best vegetable however.

5. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

V8 is delicious. I don't know what you are talking about.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The Louisiana oranges and satusmas that grow on both sides of the river below Belle Chase and all the way down until you get close to the gulf are the best in the world. I always buy a sack when I go fishing down that way and throw a few in an ice chest and then eat them ice cold.

Also fresh strawberries cut up and covered with sugar. Make sure there is enough water in the bowl and put them in the fridge for a few hours. The water and juices turn into a delicious syrup. Also works with honey if you don't want to eat all that much sugar.

7. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Nothing on earth is sweeter then a peach from Georgia. I love figs, grow em in the back yard. Clementine's rule the west, better the California strawberries which are next on my list. Round out with cantaloupe and a well ripen mango and everything else is just fruit.

Oh, passion fruit is hit or miss, pretty damn miss if too early but I can eat a bucket of lychee nuts on demand.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

thats why its called v8 vegetable juice.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I love V8, but somehow hate most vegetables. I agree--tomatoes aren't fruits. Some level of sweetness needs to be present to be a fruit.

Louisiana strawberries in the spring are probably my favorite, but I also love cut up watermelon during the summer--will even just eat that for dinner sometimes.

Fresh pineapple is great, and I have some green seedless grapes to go with my, sigh, peanut butter sandwich for the first day of school tomorrow.

Cali...for what it's worth, I haven't touched a peanut butter sandwich all summer, but school begins tomorrow, and old habits die hard.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Me too. I drink a can of V-8 almost every day. I also use V-8 when I make Bloody Marys