The annual mass exodus begins

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ThePhenom74, Jan 6, 2016.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I hope we don't have a mass exodus this year.

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

the new rookie salary cap had the opposite effect on college athletes from what everyone thought.
    now, there isn't a huge $ difference from late third to the 6th round anymore.

so if you're currently projected as a 5-6 rounder and with another year you MIGHT get into the 4th, it's almost not worth risking the injury.

TCUTiger likes this.
  3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

We will lose much less this year than usual. However there are a couple positions where we can't afford to lose anyone early. Beckwith is HUGE, we really need him to stay and I think Pocic is often undervalued because of the depth there. White would be very nice to keep and LaCouture needs another year at LSU as much as LSU needs him for another year. Beckwith and Pocic are the only two that I see that aren't easily replaced.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Most of the so-called experts have been saying that Hawk was the most likely one to go.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

And leaving early starts the clock on when they can get to their second contract when those who make it really get paid

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

OT is a premium position in the NFL, much like DE. they profit the most from going early, if they're ready. No surprise he's gone and I wish him luck. Again, Beckwith and Pocic are the key Jr's. No one else really concerns me.

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Can they come back if they like where they go as long as they don't sign with an agent?

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

No

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

That's dumb. They should be able to retain their eligibility as long as they don't accept money. Guess it's too hard to police.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I think there may be a very short period where they can change their minds as long as no agent was hired but if it goes to draft day it is curtains. Don't get drafted where you wanted too bad. I think basketball used to allow them to come back after the draft but I'm pretty sure that is changed now as well.

This may or may not be accurate, I'm sure someone will be along to correct it if so.