The All-Time Bust thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mctiger, Jun 26, 2011.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Indeed. But people often forget that he gave back a million-dollar signing bonus to return to LSU and we needed him at the time.

Well, Matt Flynn came out of nowhere as a senior and stepped up to the plate. It could happen.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Likewise Jordan Jefferson. He could have added 30 pounds and been a prototype tight end.

3. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

I wouldn't go that far, he had 18 career passing TDs vs. 12 INT's which isn't bad. He had a tough job to fill in 02' when Mauck went down and he was a leader and helped the team out when JaMarcus was struggling in 04'. Yes, I would have liked to see him at a different position, but we didn't have that luxury...ended up being a safety for the Titans I believe. He played well for not really having much experience and not being highly recruited.

4. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

As much as I hate to agree with ole Tap, Ryan Perrilloux was not a bust. I will never be convinced otherwise. Being kicked off the team isn't the same as not living up to expectations on the field.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

FIFY :thumb:

He wasn't a 5 star, but if I recall correctly, he was a solid 4. The thing I remember most about him was how many times he got burned deep; including one game against Ark in '98 or '99 when he gave up 2 80 yard TD passes on successive possessions. Luckily, we somehow still ended up winning that game.

6. bmistr1023

bmistr1023 Founding Member

What about the year 1993 when we singned supposedly the top running backs in 4 states. Rober Davis from Birmingham, Jay Johnson from Texas, Artie Moore from Mississippi, and Rober Toomer from Georgia. I don't think any of them became a top notch SEC running back.
    All I can say about Josh Booty is that I was at that Peach Bowl or was it Chick Filet Bowl but when he was pulled at halftime you could see the entire team become motivated when Rohan was put in at quarterback. It was not hard to see that they didn't want to play for Booty.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Hookfin. Can't seem to post a still image, but check the video here, at about 6:15 after the interception.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8PSqBfAUL8]YouTube - ‪LSU vs. South Carolina 2002.wmv‬‏[/ame]

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Yep, I thought about including Davis. Ran for about a 75-yard TD against A&M the first time he ever touched the ball at LSU, then vanished. I think they ended up moving him to CB when Johnson and Toomer emerged as reliable options, and he was pretty much invisible there too.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Let's hope Russell Shepard doesn't end up on that list, because if his career continues going like it's going now, I would think he would have to be on there considering all the hype that came with him.