The All-Time Bust thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mctiger, Jun 26, 2011.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Demetrius Hoofkin at DB.

What about Marcus Randall? He was an excellent young man and great ambassador for LSU, but did he underachieve at QB? I would DEFINITELY say that RP was the bigger bust at QB, so since that position is already filled, we'll leave Marcus off.

I would also add Ricky Jean Francois to the list. Now, he did have an outstanding game against the Suckeyes in the NC game, but he was a disappointment the following season. I'm not sure you can hang a career on one game, even if it was the biggest game of his life.

2. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

I wouldn't put Marcus Randall in there because he was at most a backup QB filling in when needed. He wasn't great but he wasn't Jordan Jefferson either :D

RP was a bust for as much as he was hyped and what he actually did for LSU.

3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

True, Marcus was a last minute get. He was the only QB signed that year(Sabans first year). Jimbo made a call to a friend of mine asking for a La. QB that they could sign, he told Jimbo to call Glen Oaks High in BTR.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Get serious. I never said anything about hate and anyone who reads this forum regularly knows that there is a lot of animosity towards Booty.

In my opinion, that statement is a contradiction. A player who is a first team All-SEC as a junior is not a bust. You may have been disappointed that he wasn't an All-American, but few players are. Booty did his job well.

5. ASD

ASD ASD

I also wouldn't go as far as labeling booty a bust but I wouldnt say he did his job well. He never regained his form. I think a 2 or more year break is difficult to overcome at that level. Not that he wasn't talented but he did not excel

6. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I would for sure put Perriloux on this list.
    On the field is his VERY brief career he showed signs.
    But a definition of hype vs. bust
    Its hard to beat that.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Robinson's the guy I'm thinking of.

WR (2) - Xavier Carter
    TE (1) -
    OL (5) - Chris Pettaway, Brad Smalling
    QB (1) - Ryan Perrilloux or Josh Booty
    RB (2) - Cecil Collins, Slip Watkins

DL (4) - Al Woods, Torun Robinson
    LB (3) - Adam McConathy
    DB (4) - Jai Eugene, Demetrius Hookfin

Special Teams - Wade Richey

I've added Hookfin, but I think he'll get replaced. I don't remember that he was that highly rated as a recruit.

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Absolutely, but then he promptly got himself kicked off the team the following spring, leaving us in a lurch at QB pretty much to this very day. That, in my opinion, is a bust--not because he didn't have potential and actual talent, but because his character got in the way of that potential and talent (just like Cecil Collins).

1 person likes this.
  9. StaceyO

I didn't take your original statement to be name-calling of any sort. There certainly is animosity towards Booty, probably because he left to pursue MLB (much like Zach Lee last year)--leaving us in (as I mentioned about RP in a previous post) a lurch at QB.

Others who receive lots of derision from Tiger fans are guys like Jamarcus Russell and Les Miles. Oh, and Jordan Jefferson. My goodness, I hope the latter young man can redeem himself for all time this year.

10. StaceyO

I think Marcus Randall was a terrific athlete, but he was horribly miscast as a QB. I'd have liked to have seen him be able to play WR or DB.