The AAF, XFL, and the future of college football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TBTrumpet, Jan 2, 2019.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

And what does the athlete get if the coach that recruited them leaves surprise no their soph year?

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Here are the teams, coaches and playing venues. There's going to be a lot of empty seats, even for the Atlanta team playing in 24k seat Georgia State stadium. Interesting that Steve Spurrier is going to be Orlando's coach.

I think a lot of people will watch a few games to start off just out of curiosity but if the quality of play on the field isn't good people will lose interest fast. The teams that win will gain a small local fanbase and the teams that lose more than they win will have almost no fans to buy tickets or even watch on TV.

Attached Files:

3. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

Looks to me to be what the NBA calls a B League. Basically a farm or development system for big league teams. IF they have some big league financial support and can keep expenses down, they might make it....

4. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

My solution is if the college makes MILLIONS of dollars off of these players maybe give them more than room and board and they wouldn't leave early instead of risking injury for a meaningless game.

5. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

you want to totally end college football as we know it?

6. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Most of college football and half of the NFL is shit and painful to watch because of the lack of serviceable QBs. Unless these leagues go college spread style and use running QBs, it will be no better than NFL Europe.

7. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Hell, the only other football I have paid any attention to is the LFL. Those ladies get pretty crazy LOL

[​IMG]

8. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Would giving players a small percentage of the massive profits colleges make off of them really end college football as we know it?

Since the days of Bear Bryant players have been getting paid under the table. What I'm calling for is to move it above board and help regulate it.

TBTrumpet and Bengal B like this.
  9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Looking at that chart...I don't know how the NFL association with each team is supposed to work, but seeing as the team associated with the Saints also has LSU as one of its principle college draws, I doubt the Saints will take advantage of whatever benefit they're supposed to gain.

kcal likes this.
  10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Or just pay the players who get hurt who’dve made a bunch of money otherwise. I’m guessing it’d be a drop in the bucket.